Chapter 12

I was in my room for maybe five minutes before I heard a knock on the door indicating Lyra was here. I opened the door to see a stunning lady in front of me she was maybe 5'4 with long black hair that is waist length tan skin and very toned. With a smile I opened the door wider so she could come in.

"Hi I'm Lyra." she said with a smile on her face.

"Nikita, nice to meet you Lyra." I told her.

"It's nice to meet you too Luna and thank you for keeping my mate out of trouble." Lyra said gratefully.

"No problem, I know at my pack... well my old pack when members would fight we put an end to it asap." I told her as she rummaged around the closet looking for something for me to wear.

When she emerged from the closet she had three different out fits one dress, a skirt and shirt, then some shorts and a tank. It's summertime in McLemore Cove so it's kinda warm. (A/N McLemore Cove is Located in GA between 2 mountains) She held up each outfit in front of me to see what it would look like. Ultimately I was hoping for comfortable clothes. I think Lyra saw me squirm a bit and she threw the shorts and tank top at me. As I did my happy dance in my head I changed my clothes.

When everything was done I had on a purple tank top, blue jean shorts, my purple flip flops, my hair was braided, and I had little to no make-up on or thats how it looked anyways. She did my eyes with a smokey look and then of course eyeliner, and some clear lip gloss. When I looked at the clock it was 7:45. Yay I had fifteen minutes to spare. As I was about to walk out of the bedroom Lyra handed me my Supernatural hoodie as a just in case thing. When I got down stairs Xander was there waiting for me. He looked real good in his outfit. He was wearing blue jeans, a dark purple button up, and cowboys boots. I swear I drooled a smidge just by looking at him.

"You look gorgeous." Xander told me with a smile.

"You don't look so bad yourself." I told him.

We start to head for the front door but before we go I turn around and give Lyra a hug and thanking her for helping me. When I return to Xanders side he has a big cheese eating grin on his face. We reach his car and he opens the door for me. I slide into my seat and buckle up. While I'm doing that he shut my door and got in himself. I wasn't going to ask him where we were going because I knew he wouldn't tell me. It took about thirty minutes to get to our designation. Xander parked the car and came to my side handing me a blindfold.

"What's that for?"I asked.

"So you can't see the surprise until we get there." He told me.

"Ok but if I hurt myself your gonna be in big trouble." I told him.

"I wouldn't let that happen in a million years now do you trust me." He replied.

"Theoretically speaking." Was all I said before he swept me off my feet and carried me to our destination. Which was ten minutes away.

When my feet touched the ground I knew we had arrived. I move my hands to the blindfold, only to have two larger hands placed over them to help remove it. I kept my eyes closed for a moment and inhaled preparing myself for this. When I finally opened my eyes I was taken aback by the beautiful sight in front of me.

There where fairy lights and paper lanterns hanging from the trees. There where blankets laid out in pallets and pillows scattered around the blankets. A rather large drop screen for a projector was set-up as well as a projector. And a few feet away from that was a table with candles and a dinner for two. Xander gently grabbed my hand and led me to the table.

"This is so beautiful thank you." I told him as he pulled my seat out for me.

"You're welcome beautiful." He said as he sat down in his own chair.

In front of me sat a plate with grilled chicken and asparagus with corn on the cob and Hawaiian sweet rolls. It smelled and looked delicious. Grabbing my fork I dug into the chicken first. The flavors that invaded my mouth were amazing. Moving on from the chicken I tried everything else on my plate. It was all very delicious and had me wondering if Xander cooked it himself or if Aspen cooked it.

"This is really amazing, did you cook this?" I asked before taking another bite of chicken.

"My mom did, I remember her telling me 'If you can't cook and take care of yourself then how are you gonna care for your mate.' she is such a wonderful person I can't wait for you to meet her." He told me with a smile on his face.

"I can tell you really care for them, I always wondered what it would be like." I told him.

"What, what would be like?" He asked.

"My life if my parents were still with me, the sad thing is I had them for five years and then nothing just gone. You never know how much you truly care for someone until their gone." I said looking of into the distance.

"I have something else planned shall we move to our lovely blanket mound my lady." Xander said to me.

"We shall." I said as we moved to the blankets.

I made myself comfortable as he set up the projector. When he laid down beside me the movie was starting. The Crow, I absolutely love this movie. I smiled and curled up next to him while watching the best movie in the world next to the best person in the world. Every once in awhile I could hear him quote it. Which got me to thinking.

My life is made up of tragic things and good things. So life is too short to waste on the what ifs in life. I looked up at Xander as the credits started to roll with one thing on my mind.

"Mark me." I told him with as much confidence as I could muster.

"Are you sure about this?" He questioned.

"Yes, life is too short to spend time wasting it away when I could be living it."

"As you wish."

He leaned down and placed his lips on mine. It was slow and gentle. He moves to my neck looking for the spot his mark would be. When he finds it a moan leaves my mouth. His canines elongate and I feel a painful sensation erupt through my body. As much as I wanted to cry out in pain I held it in. After a few seconds the pain turned to pleasure as he removed his canines a placed a soft kiss on my neck.

"How do you feel?" Xander asked.

"I feel like it's my turn." I told him before smashing our lips back together.

After a few minutes of a very steamy make out session I made my way to his neck to look for his sweet spot. I knew I found it when a groan left his lips. I let my canines sink into his flesh knowing that he is mine and only mine. Pulling back I kissed my mark and laid down.

Being marked took energy away from me and I was very happy just to lay down and sleep which is what I did. I curled up, covered up and crashed. Being in my mates arms was all I needed then peaceful sleep overtook me.

~~~~~

Okay my lovelies here is another chapter. Sorry it took so long but I wanted the "date" to be well planned. I had to wrack my brain for hours but yay they marked each other. Now time for some fun.... Let me know what you guys think.