Chapter 28 ~ 🥀Breakfast Discussion🥀

Chapter Synopsis: Aria and Jason talk to AJ about getting married.

Warning: you may find this chapter cheesier than cheese puffs.

*****************************************************

Jason was too excited to sleep  When woke up yesterday he never dreamed he would end the day learning he and Aria were pregnant again or that he'd ask her to marry him and she would say yes! Jason had only expected to end the day with bruised shins which two proud fathers had gotten after AJ and Jasper's first peewee hockey practice. The boys had talked them into getting in the rink. Both were naturals on the ice but control of the hockey stick was another story and he and Tracis had the proof of that on their shins once again yesterday.

He was standing the kitchen, Aria's kitchen. It was bright, warm and welcoming it felt vibrant and alive, just like her. It had touches of old and new. Expensive and affordable it had a homey feeling. It had lived in and well loved quality. It was nothing like the kitchen in the home he grew up in. Neither before or after he remodeled it. The DiLaurentis kitchen was sleek and modern, it was a realtors dream with every modern and convenience.. he had designed it that way. But he preferred this kitchen, he loved every about it. He could envision growing old with Aria and raising their family in this kitchen. He could already envision Thanksgiving and Christmases spent in this kitchen. As he mixed batter for pancakes he couldn't help but smile as he looked around Aria' s bright kitchen.

The 1920's era cabinets painted a bright enamel white, with upper cabinets with beveled glass that showcased antique dishes that caught her eye over the last few years, and the knickknack shelves that were so popular in that era he'll mall potted herbs graced either side of beveled glass window that overlooked a small back yard over the original double sink with a built in draining board also typical of the time period. A recycled glass counters and back slash that had been chosen added pops of orange, yellow, teal, red, lime green and blue sat atop wooden cabinets the swine bright enamel as the top as well as Stainless-steel appliances along with a a gas cooking surface and grill and built in double ovens had been chosen, Adding a modern touch to the otherwise retro feel. A mobile butcher block topped island painted pale teal stood in center of the L shaped cabinets and the refrigerator stood beside on the the back door, complete with a doggy door for Petunia's and Frank's convenience when nature called. Through out the house hard wood floor and steps were stained a dark mahogany water and in the kitchen bight patterned rag rugs added splashes of cheerful color. The walls were painted teal exempt the glossy exposed brick wall behind the refrigerator.

A table and chairs sat across from the sink on one wall. That Aria had pieced together and repurposed in the early days when she was struggling. The chairs. high backed were relics from what has once been two different sets and thrift store finds had been cheap,and the table she had found in the alley behind the apartment building she lived in at the time. The had found small cans of odd paints for next to nothing and this resulted an orange chair, a teal one, a yellow one as one in lime green, the table with a floral pattern that matched the chairs. the overall effect was bright and cheerful, she could afford something better now but she still chose to use the set. Over the table was a hanging lighting element that he liked.. It special because it was the first thing he and Aria had picked out and bought together to replace a faux brass and wicker ceiling fan poplar in the eighties style that she hated but had never gotten around to replacing. Even now remembering the look of pride in her eyes while he did the fairly straight forward task of replacing it made him feel ridiculously proud. It was the first time anyone had ever looked at him like that.

To him the kitchen really felt like the heart of their home. Not only was it the place where the three of them spent time taking meals together as a family. When their friends came over they usually made their way into the kitchen talking and laughing about any number of subjects, snacking on something he or Aria had prepared. It was the place where AJ liked to color and draw, where he hung his latest works of art on the refrigerator. It was the place where AJ had called him Daddy instead of Jason that first time. It was also the place where he found out he was going to be a father again. As he continued making breakfast an uncharacteristic grin stretched his lips as he wondered how he had became so lucky.