Chapter 2: Introduce Yourself

A/N: Hey guys, I'm back with another chapter!!! Hope it's not too boring for you guys hehe. Enjoy my lovelies. - Alex xoxo

February 15, 2011. San Francisco. 3:30 pm

The school bell has already rung half an hour ago and yet I was still waiting for my parents to pick me up by the empty front gates of my school. I don't really have friends at the moment to keep me company, so I'm the one in school who's usually alone, everyday of my high school experience so far. That doesn't make me a loner though, I still make casual chats with my classmates, but only about school work, nothing personal or from out of school.

I twisted my wrist towards my direction to check the time on my watch, and it read 3:30 pm on the dot. I let out an impatient yet worried sigh that my parents might not be able to make it on time for my first ever job interview, which actually starts at 3:35. Yes, I managed to get myself a call from a cafe owner for an interview after I sent an email with my one-page resume, and it seemed like he was interested to meet me to see if I was eligible for the job. However, the first thing he would learn about me as a brand new employee was my lateness.

I was told by my parents, my mother especially, that attending to your work late often heightens the possibility of you losing your job. And by me being late for my job interview doesn't always leave a good impression to the employer.

As I waited, I kept on wondering why my parents were still running late for my first job interview this time, in which they were both highly anticipating for ever since I could barely walk.

Despite the fact that I was excited for my first job, I was also nervous for the outcome of it. Questions such as, "what if I wasn't good enough?", were asked in a constant loop in my head. My parents always reminded me that I shouldn't worry too much of this "grown up stress" as I was too young to be the perfect employee. Fifteen years too young. After all, the fact that I was already a young individual with almost no work experience acts out as my get-out-of-jail-free card.

As much as my parents tried hard to comfort me from my anxiety, that still doesn't stop me from getting nervous for my first interview, what more for my first shift?

It was a good thing that I was blocking those kind of thoughts as much as I can with my earphones on, as the music from my iPod helped me relieve from any negative energy that could surpass me. At the moment, I was listening to Ignition (Remix) by R. Kelly. The funky riff that was performed by a distorted stringed instrument with the strong back beat by the drums supporting the unique R&B sound, flowed well with the smooth melody of the song, which was being sung by Mr Kelly himself.

Although this song was growing old, I've grown up with this song well and will forever consider this as a masterpiece. I still dance to it like it was born yesterday.

Before I knew it, I caught myself grooving to the music and lip syncing the lyrics as if I was on stage performing this song. I stopped dancing and blushed when I noticed a few bystanders walking past as their eyes were staring over at my direction with an amused smile that followed right after.

I could only give them an embarrassed grin as the song eventually faded out to whatever was next in my playlist.

Which reminded me to check my watch once again, only to find the time to be 3:34 pm. My reputation is officially screwed.

After what felt like forever, a black SUV van pulled over in front of me by the curb, in which I immediately identified it as my parents' van whilst I was pulling off my earphones from my ear sockets.