Chapter 3: Staircase to Heaven

A/N: Hi hi everybody! It's been ages since I've updated something and I'm incredibly sorry for the long delays (I know how it feels guys 😭). Anyway, hope you like this new chapter mah lovelies - Alex xoxo

DISCLAIMER: Sexual reference in this chapter.

May 29, 2014. Los Angeles. 5:45 pm

I would be lying to myself if I said that I was okay for the entire day. As much as I love to spend my time with my brothers, I wasn't okay. Sure, Phil may have made me smile today once or twice with his never ending list of wacky stories, but the scenery with Jessica that struck me early this morning still played in my mind like a broken video player. It made me feel like shit times a million. I just wanted to easily forget it all and numb every emotion in my body, even if it might only last temporarily.

It also made me realise how angry I was at Jessica for being such a skank, but I was more importantly very angry at myself.

I'm such a huge fuck up for loving someone like her.

However, I didn't want my friends to see me in my broken state. They will make me cancel shows so I could have my days off for my mental healing. It would honestly annoy the crap out of me.

I am on tour. Now why the fuck would I cancel my concert for a day off?

As a performer, I would hate it to see my fans devastated if they heard about the cancellation of any of my shows. Now what kind of performer would I be if that were to happen? So of course, I had to put my needs second most of the time. Mental health day my ass.

I've cancelled shows in the past though, mainly because of medical or physical health reasons, which were acceptable to me, but at the moment, I'm just emotionally not feeling great. But I'm fine, as in physically.

It was already late afternoon when the group decided to go out at a strip bar from downtown most likely. I was about to join them, since I had nothing better to do than lounge around in the penthouse, until I received a text from an unsaved number. I checked the text message on my phone by accessing through my inbox and tapping on the number. I skimmed through the text message as it read;

Hey stranger, it's me again. I just finished my long shift and I never really got the chance to text or call you at all with the number you wrote down for me earlier. Would you like me to meet you up over to your friend's room, or would you like it better if we book a private room for ourselves? Just the two of us, so we can have a date? Haha. I hope I get to hear from you again soon.
Love, F xx

I smirked to myself as I knew how thirsty women like her would more likely to fall for my charms. I immediately responded back to her message by simply typing down, "Get us a room" with a kissy face emoticon right on the end before I could hit send. I watched the sending bar filled up until the message was officially sent and delivered to her phone. Immediately, she saw the text and she shortly sent me a short message that simply said, "Okay." With more of those love hearts emojis in her text. A little bit too much in my opinion.

Call me a fuckboy all you want, but when I know I got the sex appeal, I've got to use it.

Her text message got me to cheekily roll my eyes, in which Phil caught me doing. Phil was looking at me like he needed to know what was going on, but I waved him off saying, "I ain't telling you anything."

"Come on Bru, you gotta share some stories sometime." Phil continued to pry as he collected his flask from the kitchen benchtop before he exited the room with the rest of the band outside.