Chapter 5: The Rain From My Eyes

A/N: Hey my lovelies. I know. It has been seven months since I updated, but here it is!!! Finally!!! This chapter is shorter, which is more sucky, but I feel like Bruno's chapters are gonna be shorter than Penny's...I was not planning to make this story super long. Hope you enjoy this shorter chapter :)

DISCLAIMER: If you are sensitive to suicide, I advise you read this chapter with caution (or not at all), I'm warning you. There's a triggering scene this chapter.

***

May 30, 2014. Los Angeles. 3:15 am

I was about to light my cigarette, and I couldn't just ignore this cry I've been hearing faintly in the background. It made me feel guilty for not checking it out. I, myself, was in a bad situation too. And so I decided to approach it.

The sobs grew louder the closer I stalked to the source. Worry creased over my eyebrows as I contemplated about whatever problem that may be the reason this person would cry by themselves and during this time in the dark.

I was heading for one of the giant vents that provided the entire building air conditioning. Behind that vent was a crouched over figure, its silhouette was tiny and hard to determine if this person was a child or not. I walked up to the sobbing individual anyway and placed my hand on their shoulder. I have forgotten that my hands were now empty after having to figure out for so long how to ignite my cigarette stick with the lighter.

The first thing that came to mind was the question, "are you okay?", but obviously, this person was not.

My fingers that were on their shoulders felt their thick long strands of curly hair, giving me an idea that this person may be a girl.

Upon contact, the girl looked over the shoulder I placed my hand on before looking at me with bloodshot red eyes.

My eyes widened when I recognised her blotchy face, and she did the same.

It was the same girl who shared the same elevator as me from earlier today. The same girl whom I left alone without showing her any concern at all. Though I regretted not helping her then, this was my chance to help her this time.

"Gilbert?" She asked when we made eye contact. I don't know who this Gilbert was, but if she was sitting here claiming that I was him to make her feel a bit better, then I was glad to be that person to do it for her.

"Hey," I greeted with a smile, to helpfully brighten her mood, "what's wrong baby?"

The sad girl diverted her attention from me and to the ground where her legs were crossed and her arms limp. When I followed her gaze, I noticed something wet oozing from her skin.

"I'm sorry Gilbert," she weeped some more, "you were right, I was not strong enough."

I immediately examined her wrist by grabbing it and feeling the wet texture. The girl made a small cry in pain while doing so and realised that this girl was bleeding by the wrist. The girl unclenched her fist and dropped a small razor blade on the ground that was covered in shiny red blood. Her red blood.

I then took immediate action and assisted her to get some medical help as soon as possible by carrying her under the legs.

"Oh God, why did you do this?" I questioned her with tears growing in my eyes as I did my best to handle her body without causing her too much pain.

"Be...cause..." she said in a dreamy trance, "I...am...nothing."

Who told you that? I wanted to ask, but it seemed that my tongue was taped at the ceiling of my mouth as I looked upon her pale face that was covered in her sweat, which has gotten the curly strings of her hair stuck on her broad forehead.