Chapter 1. 1

The early summer grass had already started to grow in the Mongolian grasslands, even though some of the mountains were still covered in a blanket of snow. Wild geese flew across the skies and even the eagles flew away too, leaving behind only the clear blue sky.

Two black horses could be seen traversing these plains. On one horse was an elderly man and other held a young woman.
The elderly man's eyebrows, hair and beard were all quite long and were as white as the snow on the mountains behind them. The man's eyes also held an inner shine.While the young lady wore a long head scarf, her eyebrows curved like the crescent moon. Her looks were not too ordinary but not too astonishing, however her grace and poise was outstanding.

As the two black horses walked around a small hill, the two passengers were shocked by the scene before them. They simultaneously gripped their reins tightly to calm down their raging horses.
With corpses littered everywhere, it was a sight to behold. One could see that the corpses either wore the Turkish or Tang Army clothes.

"Master!" The young women cried, for she had never seen such a large amount of dead bodies, leaving her speechless. how is she speechless yet still calling out...
The elderly man just squinted his eyes slightly and said: "When leaving the battlefield, you will all depart to the Underworld and be buried in the same yellow earth. Why go to the trouble of battling?"

After saying this, the elderly man shook the reins and the horse detoured around the mountain and the bodies, continuing to head south. The young women followed suit, closing her eyes and while she waited for the horse to finish its journey through the corpses.

Hearing the horses' whines, the Grand Marshal of the Tang Army, Qi Er Lun woozily awoke. Staggering, he supported/mustered his wounded and bruised body to grab onto the ankle of the rider.
The young woman couldn't help but cry out in fear and tightly squeeze the horse's stomach, making the horse bolt forward.
Unfortunately Qi Er Lun clutched her ankle tightly and was dragged a fair distance before the elderly man rode up pulled the reins to stop the rampaging horse.
"Luo-er calm down, Luo-er calm down." The elderly man tenderly pacified his beloved disciple.

Calming her nerves, Fang Yun Luo looked down at the person who was holding her ankle: "Master, this person......."
"This person still breathes, but with your sudden actions, I'm afraid....."
Hearing this, Fang Yun Luo immediately descended from her horse to check the man's pulse.

"Master, although this man's breath is but a sliver, he still has hope." Bet he had more before you tried to kill him。
The elderly man promptly jumped down from the horse and stopped Qi Er Lun's twelve channels and began to examine his heart vessels.

"First go find a place to treat him."
Although the elderly man looked thin, he easily picked up the tall and muscular Qi Er Lun and slung him over the saddle. Then he gave the reins to his disciple.
Swiftly, Fan Yun Luo urged the two black horses forward. Obediently they complied and galloped forwards.

Whilst the elderly man followed behind easily like a butterfly. His movement was profound like in the legends.
Not long after, they had came across a water source. Near the water was an abandoned shack that was filled with military weapons, clearly from a local village.

"Master, a Tang Army camp presumably. They were probably ambushed and did not have enough time to pack everything. It is a good place to treat his wounds!" Descending from the horse, Fang Yun Luo lead to the horses to the river, allowing them to drink, eat and rest.

The senior carried Qi Er Lun into the shack, laid him down and took off his helmet. "Judging from his attire, he is most likely a high-ranking officer and extraordinarily brave."
"He is indeed brave beyond compare. From a pool/mountain? of corpses, he was the only one to survive." Fang Yun Luo said while turning her body; she did not dare to look at his naked body.