CHAPTER 2.2

After a long and tiring trip, the travel weary Fang Yun Luo had finally arrived at Tai Yuan.

When she travelled with her master across the Yangtze River, she had never been this tired. When she travelled, she used to always ride a horse, unlike this time; holed inside a horse carriage for an entire month.

(TLN: Yangtze River doesn't mean the river but an idiom for travelling great distances.)

When they arrive at the Marquis' residence, a servant had long since been prepared to receive them on/upon their arrival; and immediately they were lead through the back door and into the mansion.

"My lady, you have arrived at the Marquis' residence. Please prepare to leave the carriage!"
As soon as Fang Yun Luo stepped out of the carriage, Lieutenant Ai Li came up and told her: "Long live the Princess, long live the princess."

(TLN: Just a title, doesn't mean she is actually a royal princess)

"Get up now!" If not for the past two years of forced etiquette lessons, she would not have been used to this type of treatment seeing a person kneeling.

"As tradition my lady, before you have officially married, you may not meet with the Marquis. This servant will first lead my lady to the east wing to rest. Tomorrow evening you must prepare for the marriage."

"The Marquis is too considerate. What is your name?" Fang Yun Luo politely enquired.
"This servant is Ai Li, and I am the Deputy General to the Marquis. Though, since the war has ended I am the manager of the mansion."

"Thank you Ai Li. Please lead the way!"
"Please, my lady."
When she arrived at the East Wing, she admired the beauty of the man-made garden. Then she entered her assigned room.

Placed on the room's table was a dragon candle and phoneix coronet. A scarlet red silk blanket adorned the bed and the word happiness was embroidered on it. Giving off an air of joy and celebration.

She couldn't believe that she was about to become a married woman and wife to a man.

"Ai Li, forgive me for bothering you, but could you go call for a servant to plant the herbs that I brought with me in the back courtyard garden." Those herbs were all very delicate. They were picked by her master from deep within mountain ranges, burning plains and painstakingly regrown. They were all quite rare and effective in treating those incurable diseases.

"Understood, this servant will immediately go complete it."
"Ai Li could you also tell them to be very careful and not to smash them."
"Understood." This future mistress was very strange. She did not worry about the safety of her dowry all the gold, silvers and jewels, but mere herbs. She also used a lot of effort to transport them from Chang'an all the way to Tai Yuan.

"Ai Li wait. I have some letters I need you to transfer to the Marquis." From within her sleeves, Fang Yun Luo took out some letters and handed them to Ai Li.

Holding his hands high, Ai Li received these letters. "This servant will now leave." But before he left, he secretly took a quick glance at Fang Yun Luo.
She was not beautiful like her mother, she wasn't fidgety like her mother, but her delicate face was filled an inner strength. The grace that she showed was neither fake or extravagant but one of pure bearing.

This was like a true noble's bearing. Not even the most beautiful of women in the borderlands were able to match to her grace and poise, and that grace was very pleasing to others.

"Jin Xiu, I am very tired and wish to rest." On her journey, she had to stop many times to help treat illnesses. She couldn't refuse for she felt duty-bound to help these people.