CHAPTER 4.1

People always said that a bride is the most beautiful, but Fang Yun Luo did not agree.

She looked at herself in the copper mirror. The phoneix coronet on her head made her feel tacky.Dressing in a red, coarse, muslin dress would allow her to feel more freedom.

With all her effort and skills, Jin Xiu was determined to make her Lady even more gorgeous and moving, but to no avail.

The usual no makeup Lady of hers, displayed a fresh and clean grace; when her Lady put on the various cosmetics, it had made her seem even more ordinary and commonplace.

Even her body's natural perfume was overshadowed by the rogue perfume's scent. Her natural fragrance that could charm even the deities was currently masked by that cosmetic's smell.

"Jin Xiu, stop applying it now. Who are you applying it for!" She knew that her maid was trying to make her more beautiful, but had made her ordinary face even more ordinary.

"Naturally it is for the Lord to see. My Lady, rumors say that the Lady Yun is like a deity. If we don't dress up properly, how can we stand next to her?" If their master was pampered, then as their servants, they would also receive benefits.

Even if Lady Yun's appearance was deity-like, she still wouldn't wish to spend effort to gain the favour of some who would kick their benefactor in the teeth. It was not like Jin Xiu was oblivious to the events that occurred when her Lady went on a little trip to the West Wing.

She knew that she had struck a deal with the Lord, yet she still was unwilling to give up, demanding her to obtain the Lord's affections.

"Jin Xiu, really, don't apply anymore. Look at me, this face is no longer who I really am. Just say that with this, it will make me mesmerising beyond compare, and just say that the Lord really was captivated by that.

What will I do in the future?"
"In the future, I will do your makeup like this everyday."
"I do not want that.

I do not want to squander my time on such a useless act, more so, I do not want to squander it to please that heartless man.

My herbs need tending, and the medical book that my master gave to me, I have yet to fully comprehend." Thinking about his words, she was still quite mad.

"I don't want to help you like this either, and the real you is far more attractive; loved by all." Her family's Lady possesses a kind and merciful heart, and with such a good heart, it made her temperament flawless.

This is what many women lacked.
Resignedly, she put down the rouge box in her hand and said: "My Lady, the Lord has only been temporarily captivated by Lady Yun.

So you must not take his words seriously. Furthermore, you should not take his other demands to heart; he knows that it was you who had saved him. Sooner or later you will be the one to receive special treatment."

"You want me to exchange the life-saving favour for his affection!" Standing up, Fang Yun Luo went to hit Jin Xiu's head. "What I want is a genuine, single minded love. Rather exchange the life-saving kindness for a love I wish to live."

Coincidentally, Ai Li's voice was heard from outside the door.

"Greetings to the Princess. The arranged wedding time has arrived, please make your way to the anteroom."

"The Princess will immediately arrive." Jin Xiu replied, and slowly closed up the rouge's lid.

There was something she didn't understand. What was a genuine, single-minded love? Wasn't being pampered and spoilt precisely love?
"Qiu Yue, has the Lord finished his marriage yet?" All evening, all Lan Yun had thought about was the marriage between Qi Er Lun and Fang Yun Luo. She was choking on something and felt sick in the stomach.