CHAPTER 8.1

"Congratulations to the Lord, congratulations to the Lord. Lady Yun is pregnant." Fang Yun Luo released Lan Yun's hand and placed it back, letting it fall back onto the bed.

As soon as she was certain Lan Yun was pregnant, she announced the news.

This is a happy occasion, but after their intimate and loving night, she was currently very jealous and bitter, not even the four virtues could calm her heart.

(TLN: Four virtues, the four injunctions for females; virtues of morality, physical charm, speech and needlework)
She was pregnant? Swiftly a face of happiness flew onto Lan Yun's face.
I crey, I crey so bad
Qi Er Lun's expression did not change even the slightest, as if he was expecting this situation.
phew wait, bastard QEL

"My Lord, Lady Yun's vomiting are normal symptoms. She is in no harm, so this servant will first retire." Standing up, Fang Yun Luo immediately left Lan Yun's room. T_T

Only at this moment, did she discover that her jealousy came from her love for him.
"Qiu Yue, properly serve the Lady Yun, allow her to rest, and go straighten out her luggage, for you will be returning to the Tai Yuan Mansion tomorrow. Since Lady is pregnant, it is not suitable her to continue staying in the army camp."

"Yes my Lord."
They were returning to the Tai Yuan mansion, that means she would not be able to meet Doctor Yan anymore. Qiu Yue dejectedly thought.

When Lan Yun saw that Qi Er Lun had finished talking, but did not say any private words to her, she hurriedly called out to him:

"My Lord, I am with child, are you not happy?"
Turning around to look at her, Qi Er Lun's face was apathetic. "This is good news." Apart from those words, he did not have any other feelings.

"Qiu Yue, you can leave first."
"Yes Lady Yun."
Once Qiu Yue closed the doors, Lan Yun rose up from the bed and walked to Qi Er Lun's side. Worriedly she asked: "Did the Lord spend the night at the Princess' place yesterday night?"
"That's right."
"Is the Lord not afraid that the Princess will have your children?"
"I have decided to allow the Princess to have my heirs."

What is he saying? Doesn't that mean  that in this life, for the rest of her life, she will always be a concubine!
"My Lord, did you not promise me that if the Princess died early or violated one of the seven laws of marriage, you would divorce her.

And if I were to have your son, you would make me your Princess." These words remained fresh in her memory, yet he changed his mind and wanted Fang Yun Luo to bear his heir?
"This Lord did say that, but all those events did not occur.

Moreover, whatever this Lord wants to do, he will do. Why don't you continue to be a happy concubine, like you always have."

He did not need Lan Yun to remind him of these words he had once said, and had struggled over how to reply to those words. What he wanted currently was Fang Yun Luo's heart and nobody could change that.

Naturally Lan Yun could not accept his words, but that did not matter. She had a plan that was underway. Swallowing her current anger, will result in a better future.

Taking a deep breath she struggled to say: "The Princess is virtuous, so of course she would not violate the seven laws of marriage. I am willing to serve the Lord alongside the Princess."
"Be careful of your health and rest properly." Turning around, Qi Er Lun left.

On the return journey back to Tai Yuan, Qi Er Lun and Fang Yun Luo left the camp on the same horse, slept together every night, fell deeper in love and took the scenic route.