08. distraught emotions

"WHAT do you mean i should stay away from austin?" a slightly angry vanessa asks carly.

"he doesn't sound like good news. i-i don't want you to get hurt... you know." carly tried to persuade vanessa.

"no!i'm not going to do this, carly."

"but vanessa... please. beckett was saying-"

vanessa cut carly off as soon as she heard his name. "wait, what does beckett have to do with this?"

"he... um, told me about austin being the schools heartbreaker and-"

again, vanessa cut her best friend off.

"unbelievable." she mutters before walking away from carly to go and find beckett.

"seriously, what is your problem?!" bee bursts through the doors of one of keaton's dance rooms.

"what do you mean?" beckett asked after he stopped what he was doing.

"don't play dumb with me, bradstreet!i know you put carly up to tell me to stay away from austin." vanessa shouts, her cheeks and ears were red with anger. she was sick and tired of beckett's games.

"vanessa, i-"

"no, don't give me an aology! why'd you do this beckett? and may the dance God's help you if you dare it was out of jealousy."

beckett stayed quiet. he didn't want to admit it, but yes, he did do this out of jealousy.

"you know beckett, ever since i met you my life has been a total mess! you've been a distraction, got me into detention and let's not forget how i would've blown out at my best friend just before she mentioned your name. just do me a favour and stay out of my life!"

vqnessa breathed heavily as beckett stared at the ground, hurt by what vanessa said. he hated himself badly for messing up such a precious girl's life, and he was determined to just stay out of it like she said.

vanessa turned on her heels, not daring to look at beckett in the eye's once more. before she left the room, she turned back, looked at beckett as his head hung low and said;

"jerk."

_____

author's note !

btw if you're wondering, vanessa is the one who says "jerk" ;)

vote, comment & share!