12. love & laughter

VANESSA sat with carly on a large field, the two laughing and talking. beckett was near by and noticed the two nest friend's. he continued walking, acting as if he didn't see them. beckett soon sat down on a bench, took out his phone and began browsing through social media and reading messages he received.

by vee and cee, the two pushed themselves up from the ground, smiling at each other. "well, i've gotta go now. see you at school, vee." carly smiled, hugging her best friend. vanessa hugs back, saying a goodbye to carly as well.

she looked around, seeing someone on the bench. vanessa already knew who it was because she had seen beckett walk by while she was talking to carly.

"so you're stalking me now, huh bradstreet?" vanessa raises as an eyebrow at beckett. he looked up from his phone, eyes widening.

"w-what? no, no! of course not." beckett rambles, completely stunned and confused by vanessa's sentence. the blonde boy had a light blush on his cheeks from embarrassment.

"don't think i didn't see you." vanessa teased, laughing while sitting down on the bench.

"oh, so i caught your attention?" beckett smirks, causing vanessa to blush heavily. she looked down slightly, mentally cursed herself. the tables had turned, and now she was the one getting teased.

"n-no. you're just so tall, it's easy to notice you." vanessa stutters, still looking down.

beckett laughs, stretching his hand out and placing it on her chin to lift her head up. noticing her blush, beckett had decided to comment. "you're cute when you blush, you know that?"

"stop." vanessa whined, a smile forming on her lips. beckett kept his hand on her chin, looking into her chocolate eyes once again. they continued to stared at each other for a while, not bothered with the world around them.

beckett used his other hand to tickle vanessa, which caused her to squeal and try to push beckett's hand away.

"b-becke-ett, i c-can't br-breath... s-stop pl-please. ahhh. ha-hahaha. beck-beckett please..." vanessa trails off, laughing while clutching her stomach. beckett laughed at her, but decided to stop tickling her. he pulled his arms back, resting them once again.

once vanessa caught her breath, and the butterflies in her stomach calmed down, she sat up too and looked at beckett.

"beckett, can i ask you something?" she asks.

"you just did." he chuckled, earning an eye roll from vee. nonetheless, beckett still nods, "of course your majesty."

"why do you always bail out at times?" vee frowned, fiddling with her fingers, "like you run away, why?"

beckett bit his lip at the question. he knew that sometime along their friendship she would ask that, but he was too afraid to give her an answer.

a moment of silence passes by. vanessa waves a hand in front of beckett's face, stopping him from his daydream. "beckett?"

"y-yeah?"

"i asked you a question..."

"oh, right right. i... i'm sorry, i can't do this. at least, not right now."

"i understand, just know i'm always here, beckett."

vanessa rubs his shoulder smoothly. they sat in some more silence before beckett broke it.

"come on, this silent mood is killing me." he laughed, standing up and taking vanessa along with him.

_____

author's note !

fluffy chapter! :)
vote, comment & share x