11. sweet talk

VANESSA felt a cool breeze against her skin as she walked on the pathway to school. she was a few feet away when a tall figure rushed up beside her.

"hey your majesty." the voice startled her, but she relaxed almost immediately after hearing the familiar nickname.

"beckett." vanessa says, a smile forming. beckett side hugged her while letting out a laugh.

"vanessa." he replied slyly. vanessa raised an eyebrow up at him, "i have something to say."

vee frowns, looking down at her moving feet. she let out a deep breath, "okay... then let's talk."

"alright, but we have to stand still for this." beckett stops in his tracks, vanessa quickly stopping too.

"beckett, if we stop walking we'll be late for dance class." vanessa informs him, taking him by the hand to start walk in again.

"right, right. this can wait till after school." beckett fumbled with his words, getting his mind set on dance instead of what he was going to say to vanessa.

_____

THROUGHOUT the day beckett could only think about what he was going to say to vanessa. he sat in his chair, awaiting for the final bell to ring. he was currently sitting in math class, not paying attention to anything while playing with his fingers. once the bell went off, beckett was the first one out the classroom, speeding down the halls to his locker. he rambles through his locker, getting the books he needed for some homework. once he was packed, he took off to look for vanessa.

the blonde boy saw her standing with carly at the end of the hallway. beckett picked up his speed, breathing in deeply. he approached vee and cee, the pair of friend's both gave each other confusing looks.

"are you ready?" asked beckett, his fingers tapping on his bag due to the nerves. he was impatient, and both vanessa and carly could see. his eyes stayed on vanessa while she nods and says a goodbye to her best friend.

"you wanted to talk." vanessa says once they were left alone together. she crossed her arms over her chest with a raised eyebrow.

( a/n: sorry for a cheesy speech or whatever )

"yeah," beckett scratched the back of his neck, finding the word's he wants to say. "i-i want to say i'm sorry, for everything that i've done. ever since i met you i felt a connection and i know i messed it up, really badly. vanessa, i've put you through so much and someone like you does not deserve that. everyday i look forward to seeing you or even talking to you, but of course i had to do stupid things and make you not want to talk to me. and i know you're aware of me being distant and bail out, but i promise you, i will definitely try to stop that habit. if only you'll forgive me for everything, and we could be friend's again. i understand if you don't but-"

vanessa cuts beckett off. "beckett, that's enough from you." she laughs, leaning up to his height and plants a kiss on his cheek, causing heat to rush to beckett's cheeks. "of course i'll forgive you."

"meaning, can we start over?"

vanessa let out a laugh again, before nodding her head.

"are you suppose to be here?" vanessa jokes, remembering their first time meeting.

"not sure, is this the dance studio?" beckett asks, letting out a laugh as he does a pirouette.

"yes..."

"then yes, i am suppose to be here. beckett bradstreet, nice to meet you." beckett winks, stretching his arm out.

vanessa giggles, reaching out to shake beckett's hand, "vanessa morita."

the two then began laughing and making jokes together, while walking off the school premises.

______

author's note !

a new chapter is about to start for beckett & vanessa ;)