Following The Flame

Knight rushed through the lush jungle, riding on top of his trusty steed. The armored cookie's left leg completely twisted and numb as he glanced behind himself every once and a while. Pistachio, a fellow warrior of the Cookie Kingdom, had sent him away due to his injuries.
To where?
He had no idea.
He had a feeling his horse didn't know where to go either. Knight was stuck in extreme grief as well, as the royal princess of the palace was not found. It was his job to protect her and make sure she was safe, and sadly he had failed at that.
Without a princess to protect, was he really a true knight anymore?
Knight cringed slightly at the fact, gently patting the side of his horse as a way to tell it to stop. And so it obeyed. The damaged cookie carefully climbed down from his horse, wincing as a sharp pain jabbed at his leg. This made the weak Knight fall right down onto the rough ground of the jungle.
He took in deep, shaky breaths, trying to regain his thoughts.
What will he do now?
Where will he go?
So many questions rang through his mind, yet of course, he got no answers.
Knight sat there on the ground for at least a couple of hours, he couldn't quite get up due to his leg, so there was no option to move around. Unfortunately, his horse had wandered off to drink at a nearby puddle. He scanned his cyan colored eyes around carefully, tensing up as he soon heard a rustling in the bushes, then followed up by the smell of heavy smoke. Something was burning.
The bushes!
There must be something there.
Certainly something dangerous if the bush was alight.
Knight grunted underneath his breath as he unsheathed his lance wearily, holding it beside himself as he watched the bush begin to burn and shrivel up. His eyes widening as he watched an abnormal red cookie emerge from it, brushing off his dark latex clothing. The cookie's hair was that of a flame, a black cape draped behind him, and in his hands he held a large staff, it was nearly taller than the stranger itself. The unfamiliar cookie turned toward Knight, raising a brow in confusion to see the male, however a mischievous smirk remained on his face as he hovered over to him.
"Well, well. What do we have here. The little Knight in shinning armor got lost?" The cookie taunted.
"How...how do you know my name you flaming fiend!" Knight shouted, his usual loud voice hinted with panic as he drew his striped lance in front of him, holding it toward the strange cookie, who simply scoffed at the blonde.
"I know EVERYONE in that dumb kingdom nearby..and if I were you. I wouldn't mess with an L grade." The stranger snapped, easily moving Knight's lance away from his direction.
Knight shivered, not seeming to be phased by the red cookies threat, and really, he found having no choice but to be kind to this cookie. He might be the only way to get out of the jungle and to somewhere safe. Maybe even get the medical attention he needed for his leg.
Knight exhaled softly, dropping his weapon beside his injury before finally speaking.
"I'm sorry. Do excuse my behavior. Today has been..rough. Allow me to introduce myself. I am-"
"Knight Cookie. I know." The fire-haired cookie interrupted impatiently, crossing his arms in boredom as he hovered above the ground.
" They call me Fire Spirit, but I really don't care what you call me." The red cookie spoke calmly, his gaze completely on Knight Cookie.
Knight nodded slowly, not understanding why this cookie seemed to not care one bit of the burning kingdom behind the jungle. Surely he could have seen it.
"You...you are not from around here. Are you?" He questioned.
Fire Spirit grumbled in reaction to the question, narrowing his eyes a bit.
"No, I'm not. Don't go harassing me with question right now." FS spat, bonking the blonde on the head with his staff. Clearly not wanting to talk about where he came from.
Knight squeaked in surprise, rubbing the side of his helmet, sighing in frustration. Knowing he wouldn't be able to get out of the jungle unless he actually tried to negotiate with FS, or just plead with the taller male.
"Please. I beg you, Fire Spirit. Can...can you take me away from this place? I can not survive here much longer in my condition." Knight muttered the last part of his sentence, motioning to his leg.
Fire Spirit bit the inside of his cheek, listening to the knight and chuckling heartily. Like the blonde cookie had just told him a hysterical joke.
"Pssh! Help you?! Why? All the other rotten cookies treat me like garbage! I should show you the same respect!"
FS stomped his staff against the ground, his expression turning stern as he stared back at Knight, waiting for his response.
"I'll do whatever you want! Anything. Just take me away from here. I don't want to watch this place go down in flames as well." Knight's eyes stared into FS' red ones, gleaming with desperation and actual fear.
This made Fire Spirit shift uncomfortably, though his smirk got wider at Knight's offer.
"Fine. I'll get you outta here."
FS declared quickly, looking over to the knight's clueless horse, grabbing the rope around its neck and yanking it over to the injuried cookie. He then helped him up onto the horse, glancing at the blonde constantly as he led them deeper into the jungle, leaving the burning kingdom behind.

A/N: WOAH LOOKS LIKE YOU FINISHED THE FIRST PART OF MY STORY/FANFIC, GOOD JOB. FORGIVE ME FOR ANY MISSPELLINGS AND GRAMMAR ISSUES. ITS LATE AS FUCK OVER HERE.
IF YOU WANT ME TO CONTINUE THE STORY LEAVE A VOTE OR JUST COMMENT, I APPRECIATE THE SUPPORT SO MUCH! TY!