Soulmate AU

Picture of Will's bracelet above. Imagine the yellow and black flipped and half a moon for Nico's.

Will POV

Ever since the beginning of time your soulmate was pre-assigned to you. 

As an embryo, in your mother's stomach, visions would come to her, of what your bracelet looked like. It would be two colors, and it would have half a charm, with the other half of the charm being like the opposite element or symbol or whatever. Everyone get's their bracelet when they turn one and we go to a metal place that fuses the two ends of the bracelet together so it never comes off.  As soon as the visions started coming, a certain scenario would lead her to your exact bracelet.When you both have seen each other for the first time, you're bracelet glows. Mine is mostly yellow with some black and a half sun charm, so I'm guessing my soulmate has a mostly black with some yellow and half a moon charm or something.

Today is my first day of my new high school in New York, and I hope my bracelet doesn't glow or I'll never figure out who it is, meeting everybody for the first time today. 

-------------------------------

My mom pulls up to the front of the school, dropping me off at the front doors. I wave goodbye and walk up the stairs to the office. It was a small room that smelled like lemon and dust, that was the invigorating color of beige, with the old office ladies sitting behind their computers. 

"Ahem" I say, coughing into my hand

"Oh, hello honey, you must be Will Solace! You're homeroom teacher will give you your class schedule and locker number and combination, you're room is down the hall and the second door on the right!" The lady with round glasses and a tight grey bun said.

"Um, thanks" I say 

I walked out the door and went down the hall to see all the students chatting and running to their classes.

I poked my head into the classroom to see what the kids looked like. There was a group of girls in pink mini-skirts and white crop tops with heels and purses and 10 pounds of makeup on their faces in one corner, there was a group of boys in the other corner wearing letterman jackets and tossing a football around, there were scattered groups of girls and boys chatting, then their was a small raven haired boy, sitting by himself, black hood up, drawing in a sketchbook.  In any normal circumstances, I would be in one of the scattered groups with the group of girls trying to seduce me, but it was not normal. I went and sat in the empty seat next to the boy drawing, and pulled up down my sleeve to cover my bracelet. 

His pencil snapped and he cursed under his breath. He lifted his face to meet my eyes

"Do you have a sharpener?" He asked seriously

I looked at his chocolate brown eyes and his perfectly boyish face. He was the epitome of adorableness. I immediately knew I had a crush on him.

"Y-yeah" I stuttered going through my bag hastily

"Here" I said handing it to him

"Thanks" He smiled a small smile that made me blush to the fullest extent, I hope he didn't notice. 

--------------------------

The rest of the day I had no lessons with the boy I sat next to. I waited to see if we had any classes besides homeroom but I guess not. I got to history class at the end of the day and sat down in an empty chair at the back, and the class was about to start. When the teacher started teaching, turning to face the board, the boy snuck into class silently and sat next to me in the only empty seat.

 About thirty minutes into the lesson, I glanced over at the page he was drawing , an I was kind of shocked. He had a miniature bracelet in the top corner that looked like mine but with the colors swapped with a moon pendant, and he was sketching a larger bracelet opposite his. He was imagining what his soulmates bracelet would look like. 

The bell  must of gone because he started packing up. I quickly grabbed my stuff and tried to follow him out into the hallway, but got stopped by the group of girls.

"Why don't I know who you are?" One girl said 

"I'm new, excuse me" I said trying to get past them

"Hey hold on," she said getting her friends to help her stop me

"If you're new here, you don't know that I'm the most popular girl here and that I'm looking for a boyfriend huh?" She said batting her eyelashes

"I don't care" I say breaking through her minions grip.

I ran out of the doorway and looked through the sea of people to find any bit of black. I saw a small patch of black fabric bobbing through the crowd. I managed to snake my way down the hallway pretty easily, but I lost sight of the boy. Then I heard a thud coming from the entry hall.

"Haha! What a freak!" the girl from before cackled in her annoying voice. 

Her minions muttered among themselves and snickered.

"Leave me alone" a male voice said as I saw who was talking.

"No way loser, we can taunt you all we want, who would want to protect a fag?" She said

My heart started beating faster, I found out that he was gay, I found out in a terrible way but I still found out.

I pushed through the crowd and offered my hand to help the boy up.

"You okay?" I asked smiling sincerely.

He blushed faintly and took my hand 

"y-yeah" he stuttered

"Why are you helping him?!! He's a fag!!" The girl screeched at me

"Sweetie, I know you think that's an appropriate term to call-" I looked at the boy, expecting a name

"Nico" He said meekly. Nice name I thought.

"Nico and I but we more prefer the term, happy we don't have to be attracted to people like you" I said, Nico beside me trying to stifle a laugh.

"I, uh-you" She spluttered

I grabbed Nico's hand and walked out the door of the school, stopping only when the girl couldn't hear us anymore.

"So, can I see your bracelet?" I asked suddenly

"Oh, um sure" he said pulling up his hoodie sleeve.

I was what I expected, like mine but flipped colors with a moon charm.

"Hi soulmate" I said casually

He was startled at first, but then his expression soften, he smiled warmly and replied

"Hi soulmate"

I was quite a bit taller than him so I bent down and kissed him. He immediately melted against me and grabbed my hand. We broke apart and walked hand in hand, of into nowhere in particular.

That was pretty long, but I hoped you enjoyed it! I got three new followers today, 2K reads and this book was #574 in the romance category yesterday. that may not sound like much to any big creators but I never thought I would hit that milestone, thank you my lovely readers!!! Anyways, thank you for reading and

~Solangelo Out :)