Chapter 31 / the breakup

I wake up in moms bed but she's not there, I roll over and grab my phone. The group chat is going crazy asking me what happened, all my twitter and Instagram comments are calling me names and hating on me.

I scroll down and see a text from Gray
Gray 💗: hey, can you come over today?
He sent it 20 minutes ago
Me: what time?
Gray 💗: 12?

I get ready not bothering to put on much makeup, I throw on some blue jeans and a long sleeved stripped top. I put on my vans and walk to Grays.

I knock on the door and Lisa answers bringing me into a hug
"I'm so sorry about all this hate your getting darling" she pulls away to look at my already teary eyes "you don't deserve this"

I walk to Grays room to see him sitting on the bed looking out the window his back facing me, I knock on the door and he turns around with puffy eyes, he opens his arms and I rush to hug him.

He pulls me in tight and I can feel his heart beating faster than mine. We hug for a few minutes before Gray pulls away. We sit on the bed both looking at the floor.

"Gra.." I say before being cut off
"No let me speak first" he says turning to face me holding both my hands tightly.

I see his eyes tear up and his voice begins to break "I love you, so much, and when I'm with you I feel nothing but happiness. I feel like I can be my 100% self, I laugh and smile more than I do with anyone else. I have loved you since we were 5 and now that we're both 17 I still find myself falling more and more in love with you everyday" a tear runs down his cheek, I would wipe it but my hands are in his right grip.

"I never want to let you go and I would never want to hurt you, but I knew that us dating one day we would have to talk about the fandom, but I never knew it would come so soon"

Now I'm crying, I know what he's about to say
"It's not just going to ruin my career but Ethans aswell, this is the last thing I want but I know it's what I have to do"

I sit there tears bursting out my eyes, I'm looking at my feet but my vision is blurry from my tears. I hear Gray sniffle and look over as he lets go of my hands to cover his face sobbing into them.

"It's okay babe, I know it's for the best" I say kissing his cheek and standing up
As I go to walk out he grabs my hand pulling me back towards him.

I turn and his head is looking down, I give him one last hug as he holds me tightly we are both sobbing into each other's shoulder
He pulls away and kisses me taking me by surprise, it was one of those bitter sweet moments, I knew the kiss would make things worse it would only make me want him more.

"I should go" I say wiping my tears on my sleeve and kissing his cheek one last time
He nods as his kisses my forehead, I let go of his hand and walk back down the stairs trying to avoid seeing Ethan or Lisa.

Luckily I didn't see them, I walked down the drive way not looking back. I just ended things with the guy I'm in love with, the only guy I have every wanted to spend the rest of my life with, not because we fell out of love, not because it wasn't working, But because of what the fandom were saying about the two of us.

I knew dating Gray there would be obstacles but I never thought it would end like this.

I walked home and curled up next to mom as I cried my eyes out. I didn't feel happy anymore, I didn't want to leave the house, I didn't want to go back to school, I didn't want to do anything.