17

'The fog came again

And filled all the spaces

Between you and I.' ~ Tyler Knott Gregson

||Harry|| 

"Shit." Louis speaks first, looking desperately apologetic even as he closes the gate. 

Kristy and Anna stare back, lips passion bruised and hands still joined, chests rising with the force of their kissing, looking broken. As if we've just walked in on something sinful; as if romance is something we should ignore. As if the fact they were kissing each other is any more awkward than walking in on one of your best mate's sucking a guy's dick. 

To be fair, though, Zayn was pretty smashed. All glazed eyes and everything. The only glazed look these girls have in their eyes are the glazed looks of people who have been kissing too hard for too long (and, maybe, tears at being caught). And I wonder then, why it's bad it happened. As if they shouldn't show their many-splendored love simply because of the fact they're the same gender.

Rather than speaking, I cock my head to the side, confused. 

"I'm so sorry," Kristy whispers, eyes tearing up even further, fingers twitching in the taller girl's grasp. They suit each other so well. Her sunglasses have drooped down her face through the kissing and the rapid turning around, and that's the only reason I can actually see her eyes. It's not uncommon for her to wear sunglasses, I know. She wears them a lot.

"There's no reason to apologise for kissing someone." Louis says, rolling his eyes. His smile gives him away.

His really fucking pretty smile.

Fuck. I should not think that. I should not be insistent upon his gorgeousness. God knows I have practically no fucking mental filter. If one day I slip up and say 'I'm really fucking in love with you.' it wouldn't even be unexpected. Which is terrifying.

"Um." Kristy whispers, looking ready to pounce out of her skin.

"We can leave, if you want." I say, blurting it out, and am infintely proud I didn't just say 'hey, I'd really like my best friend to fuck me into oblivion. I know it might not happen but if it does you might not want to be here.'

"Um." Anna whispers, looking at Kristy. Her entire face seems to go slack. As if her girlfriend is the prettiest human being she's ever seen. As if her entire world collapses in the moments she doesn't look Kristy in the eye. God, it's so cute.

"We don't mind, do we Haz?" Louis asks, smiling at me, warm. I swallow hard, shift in my place. I hope to God none of them notice it. Because Louis is just really pretty when he has the crinkles by his eyes, his lips stretched wide. He's pretty all the time. But his smile just tips it off.

"N-no, Lou." I blush, and Louis croons, patting my head and grabbing my waist.

His skin feels searing against my flesh.

"Um, look, it's not my business. But Shyanna just thinks you two are really cute. Are you two dating?" Anna blurts, flushing as if desperately sorry. 

I swallow again, giving a slow head shake to the girls. Louis, however, nods exuberantly.

"Two months now, innit?" He asks, and I widen my eyes infinitesimally. Fuck fuck fuck.

"Lou." I say, warning. The girls watch on with confused faces, eyes a little bit narrowed. They look almost identical. It occurs to me that I should have seen that they would end up together. I guess I'm just too wrapped up in Louis to care, really.