27

'I'm running to you,

and I hope you'll be waiting

when I catch up.' ~ Tyler Knott Gregson, Daily Haiku on Love 

||Shyanna||

Plans are almost always predetermined. That is what a plan is; predetermined. But walking back to class with Niall standing beside me, chattering on about Louis and how great he is, and how awful Jade Oliver is, I barely have the brain cells to think a plan through. Although it's true I thought of one back in the bathroom, trying to think when Niall is around just turns my brain to static. This boy is too bright for someone who has so rarely seen the sun. 

"Hey, Niall." I murmur, and it shouldn't be loud enough for him to hear over his rambling, but it is. Because Niall actually pays attention and that's -that's just kind of amazing.

"Yeah?" He asks, instantly pausing, one hand on the stair rail and other stopping in mid air. I'd have laughed if it weren't so endearing.

I lean up on my tiptoes, because even though he's not the tallest person in the world, I'm still smaller, and I press a very, very gentle kiss to his cheek. The feeling of his skin as it bursts into warmth sends tingles down my spine, fireworks through my fingertips. I am completely and utterly powerful. As it should be.

"You're a very, very good person. Don't forget it." I say, as I pull back. His eyes are wide as saucers, jaw dropping open in shock. A smile quirks at the sides of my mouth, and without thinking, I allow a smile to stretch along my face. "You can continue, now."

"I-ur-um. Yeah? Yeah. So, like, Jade liver's had a thing against him ever since he came out. As if it would make a difference; Louis' been completely gone for Harry since he met him. It's ridiculous. I don't know when they're gonna get their act together, but it better be before graduation. I expect full details for the pain they've put me through. It's ridiculous-"

And suddenly I can't stand it. Can't stand it that everything Niall is saying is completely revolving around love and not having the strength to do the one thing that wuld make them happy. And so I pause, I freeze and I stare around. And I know that right now, Niall Horan is the best human being I could ever have a crush on. He weighs on my chest as if the fact he exists makes my heart feel less sure. And I like it. I like knowing that a part of my heart belongs to the person who's been sending me notes. I like that nobody really knows how I feel about him; the only time I've talked about Niall to anyone is the first time Kristy brought up crushes, and I admitted I had a crush on him. Past tense, not present, because Kristy is a huge sap, and she'd hate to think I was of the belief it could never happen. But the fact is, up 'til today, I was. Of course, I knew Niall sent the notes. I knew his mind and even though it's been years since a constant interaction with him, I know how he works. 

Okay, so maybe the time I saw Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards chatting about Niall and his notes helped me along, but I'd had a feeling before then. 

So rather than letting him continue with his conversation and being the polite girl I've always attempted to be, I flip Niall against the railing and the wall, drag my hand up to his jaw, and kiss him. It's nowhere near what I expected kissing him would be like. I'd always kind of imagined he'd be the submissive one, but instead he's sort of feral. His mouth is actually really, really warm, soft, slick. It's one of the best kisses I've ever had with anyone (and that includes the one time in my life I got drunk and had a snog with Anna), if not the best. 

His hand instantly moves to the back of my neck, tugging on some of the stray hairs there, and I let out a small, pleading whine. My hair is not only my most sensitive spot, but also my biggest turn on. The fact he almost instinctively knows just makes me like him even more. I didn't think it was possible, to like this wonderful, profanity-ridden ball of sunshine any more than I did. I was deeply wrong.

"Fuck." I mutter, as he pulls away to give me a wild-eyed stare, looking way more than turned on and the epitome of everything I've ever wanted. 

"Yeah." He agrees, and I try and give a bright smile, but he ends up kissing me before it's more than just a twitch of the lips. 

Our teeth clack this time, because we're both smiling and it's not pleasant, but it's not awful, either. I don't think anything with Niall could ever be awful, to be honest. He could probably kill a puppy and still make it an enjoyable experience. 

I pull away for a second, and he looks like the world has sunk in around him, like he's maybe never going to be this lucky again. Instead of allowing him to be upset, I lean forwards and sink my teeth into his collarbones, and suck hard. I can hear his breath hitch in his throat, and he struggles not to moan. Privately, secretly, I wish he'd be less quiet. There is nothing better than being able to make someone fall apart and know they trust you enough to let you do so.

When I'm finally happy with the love bite bitten into his skin, I lean back, lick my lips, and nod at him.

"Should probably get to class, then. Might not be a good idea to be later than we already were." So I flounce ahead of him, giving him maybe more of a show than I was meant to, but the way his laughter lights up the stairwell is enough to convince me it was the right decision.

||Niall||

I stare incredulously after Shyanna as she bounces up the stairs, the throbbing of her teeth and mouth on my collarbones lighting up my fingertips with him. And then I can't stop the laugh that bubbles up and out of my mouth. I never, never expected it to go like this. I never expected to get to kiss her like that. Wishing for it had always been something I couldn't deny, but feeling it, knowing it was real... That is way more than I had ever hoped for.

Judging by the way she lets a trilling laugh fall from her own lips, it's way more than she hoped for, as well. 

She has me completely and utterly fucked.

It's official! Shyniall is happening and it is real! (Also; Shyanna admitting she's kissed Anna... wonder how Kristy'd react to that? :D) I really hope I did this justice. It's something I've been looking forward to for ages, and to finally have it written is beyond relieving, seriously. Thank you so, so much for your continued support and the 4.8k reads (we're so close to 5k now, it's unbelievable) I love you all very, very much. Don't forget to comment, vote and stalk as you wish!!! <3