Chapter 16

Arik's P.O.V.

I look up at Adam before I sank my mouth back down his cock making him arch up and close his eyes. Something is happening to our bond. I could feel it.

Adam moaned and I closed my eyes before they shot open. Our minds where intertwining. Faster than either of us could blink we were thrust apart a couple of inches away from each other. In between us ribbons of silver and gold danced.

It seemed to reach its ends towards us as if seeking our touch. Slowly as if in a trance Adam reached out with a fingertip and touched the end that was reaching for him. The ribbon seemed to sense it had been touched because it became rigid in Adams' hand. Although the other end continued to wriggle towards me.

I blinked and reached for the other end. As soon as my hand was wrapped around it, it split in two and dove into our skin. I gasped at the feeling of warmth that traveled everywhere in my body. I could barely think over the rush of unexplainable feelings that seemed to triple inside of me.

I looked up into Adams eyes and saw that they were glowing and eerie turquoise color, "Adam?" I whispered reaching to touch his cheek.

Slowly I leaned towards him before I pressed my lips to his and kissed him with everything that was in me.

*•*•*•*•*

It was hours later when I finally managed to get Adam to calm down. He had tried to explain what had happened but couldn't seem to be able to get the right words to come out. He had seemed a bit worried but I managed to get him to promise that he would explain it all to me when he had his thoughts together.

I sighed and looked down at Adam as he slept. Pressing a kiss to his forehead I slipped out of bed and pulled on a pair of jeans before walking out of the room and right into Colton. He hissed slightly and took a step back, his fangs glistening slightly.

"What did you do?" He asked me as he sniffed at me making me frown at him.

"I haven't done anything." I replied trying to move around him to go down the hall.

SLAM!

Colton leaned forward his hand on the wall next to my head, "Adam is my great nephew. If you have done something to him. I will not hesitate to rip your head off of your shoulders. Mate or not." He growled as the door to our room opened down the hall.

"Colton. There is no need for you to threaten such a lovely creature." A soft voice drifted over towards us.

Colton straightened and turned to look at who was speaking before sneering, "Blair. I told you I would be back in less than three days."

"Yes, well you tend to get distracted. Besides Meredith sent me." The woman, Blair, said with a shrug as she strode forward and knocked Colton's hand out of the way.

I stared at her as she leaned in close to my face. Her eyes glowed eerily. Like all of Adam's family seem to do when they stared at me, "Why would Meredith send you?" Colton sneered at me like it was my fault Blair had shown up.

"Meredith thought I could help with this fledgling." Blair said gesturing towards me and I mentally shook my head.

'Of course.' She would say that and make Colton be even more of a dick towards me. I glanced over at Colton and watched as he narrowed his eyes at Blair before stalking off down the stairs.

"Uh so can you explain to me exactly how long you're going to be here?" I asked her and flinched back when her eyes swung back towards me.

"Depends on how long it takes you to get the hang of your powers." she said with a shrug and followed after Colton.

I stared after her and shook my head before heading down the stairs and watching as Blair and Colton strode into the backyard and faded into nothing. I jerked slightly when I felt a hand touch my shoulder and whirled around to see Adam standing behind me, "What's going on?" I asked him crossing my arms in front of me.

Adam took a deep breath and looked up at me, "You're what my family calls a 'Fledgling.' Someone in your family must've been some form of elf and now that you've bonded yourself to a Royal Fae... Well, by bonding to me you activated a dormant gene." He said looking into my eyes the entire time.

I sat down right there. 'Was I still a wolf? Would I still be able to transform? After everything that's happened in the last few hours?' Looked up at Adam I could feel tears gather in my eyes. 'Would my family still accept me in the pack?'