Chapter 5

Arik's P.O.V

Walking into the school was weird. Especially after not being there for three days. Everyone stared at Adam and me as we walked hand in hand to our lockers. I was glad that our lockers were assigned to us by dorm room. I watched as Adam opened his locker while I leaned against mine.

He handed me my books and smiled making me groan as his eyes lightened a bit, "Don't do that." I moaned as I leaned my forehead on his shoulder.

I was barely controlling my wolf from jumping on Adam and having his way with him right here in the hallway. I could feel the stares from everyone as they walked by. I lifted my head and growled at a couple of pack members that walked by before catching Adams scent. I groaned and looked into his eyes as they lightened a bit more.

"We have to get to class." I said and wrapping my arm around his shoulder I began to lead us towards our first period class.

"I have to admit I'm glad Keeley makes us study." Adam said as we walked towards AP History.

I rolled my eyes, "Don't let her hear you say that." I replied before walking on and letting Adam talk a bit to Blake and Arianna.

I sat at my table and waited for Adam to come in so I could stare at him and touch him and taste him. Oh my god! I didn't just think that! Well he's my mate so it doesn't matter but still! Taste him! Here I was thinking Gio was the biggest freak this side of the equator but I was wrong because I knew deep inside that if Adam and I were at that level in our mating then we quite possibly wouldn't leave our room for the rest of eternity.

I leaned back in my chair and thought about Adam while I mentally prepared myself for the high pitched girly voices that always seemed to make me inwardly cringe. I mean seriously who wouldn't! I mean-

"Hey Arik." Speak of the she devils. I thought to myself and tried to ignore the voice that belonged to Ilena.

'God I hate her.' My wolf growled and I couldn't help but agree with him.

I sighed and looked over at the girl that was currently making googly eyes at me and cringed back away from her. Strawberry blonde hair cascaded down her back, she was wearing what anyone would deem Hoes R' Us attire. There was wayy to much cleavage showing. Her face had a bit to much make up and when I say a bit too much I mean it look like the freaking Crayola box exploded in her face.

"Ilena I highly doubt you want to sit there." I said and looked away from her. I really wanted her to move!

"But why Arik?" She whined making my wolf and me cringe away from her.

"Obviously he found his mate Ilena." Adam said as he finally walked into class making me sigh in relief and sink in my seat a bit.

Ilena's eyes opened wide and she glanced around, "Well she's not here." She said sounding over confident.

Adam growled down at her while his eyes flickered from light brown to black. Shit was about to hit the fan and I was going to witness it all! "Are you sure about that?"

"Yeah I am." Ilena said with a smug look on her face. I couldn't wait until Adam burst her little bubble.

Adam smirked at her as he leaned close to her face, "Get the FUCK away from my mate." He growled and I watched in amusement as she paled and scrambled to her feet.

"I'm so sorry Luna." Ilena whimpered as she tilted her head and bared her neck, her arms in front of her, palms up, in a show of submission to Adam.

I grinned at my mate as he skirted around her and sat down next to me, "She was getting on my nerves." I said with a laugh and Adam turned to look at me with a grin of his own.