Chapter 1

Mood: Sweet Creature by Harry Styles

Faye

Out of all the times ABC family could've played Nanny McPhee they decide to play it when my boyfriend and I sit to watch TV. It's not like he hates the movie its just going to bring up a hated topic.

"Faye, there are tons of other jobs why do you insist on being a nanny?"

In situations like this, I find it best to pretend like I didn't hear him it's like a warning, like a defense mechanism. Not answering a question only let's them loose interest and question why they gained interest in the first place. He's an impatient person which is why he can't stand children in the first place. Besides I've answered this question about the 10 times.

''I've already told you why, why do you continue to ask?"

He scoffs, "I just don't see the fun in babysitting rich spoiled brats."

I sigh disappointed and agitated, "It's not like that Max."

He shrugs his shoulders putting his hands in the air in defence to his point. It's the downside to our 'relationship' or whatever we have.

I love Maxuell, but he's a handful I'm sure I would've broken up with him ages ago if my mother didn't love him so much. She's convinced that we're supposed to get married.

I wouldn't mind getting married, just not to Max. We're both an unbelievably heavy burden on each other it's definitely not healthy.

"Last time you lived with them and I didn't see you for almost a month."

"Well it's my job. You go away for your job, why is it any different?"

"Because I'm actually making the money in this house."

I look at him trying to contain my anger so I joke instead hoping "You know what? If you hate me being a nanny so much give me my own kid and I'll quit being

Getting up he makes his way to our bedroom and he slams the door. Although Max hates kids, he refuses to see the fact that he acts like one and that he was once one too.

He throws a tantrum whenever he doesn't get his way, he cries and tells my mom whenever I upset him, and he seeks constant attention.

Despite his hatred for kids, he's nothing but an oversized baby.

The fact that he doesn't want kids is a huge turn off for me but yet I stay. But then again I could be being obsessive, I could be rushing him into something he doesn't want to get into right now.

But am I wrong for wanting a child to make me feel happy? I don't know, call me crazy but we all have the right to happiness and without a child and with Max it's pure cruelty.

I sigh rubbing my aching temples, and then my phone rings.

I answer the phone to Penny my boss who offers me a job.

A surrogate job.

That means I have to make another doctor's appointment to make sure I'm even eligible to do this. Should I take the job?