•2• Lois Lane and Super Girl

〖 Way You Make Me Feel: IT 〗

Ember sighed as she tossed her backpack in the backseat of her father's Auddi. Her hand went straight to the stereo, turning up the volume. Her fingers began to drum to the beat as they rested on her lap. Joseph Peterson chuckled, glancing at his daughter as she began to jam out to the song. She reminded him so much of his late wife, Lianna. It was tragic when he heard the news of his wife's vulnerable state. The man however shook his head as he squeezed tighter on the steering wheel.

Deciding to distract himself from a melancholic memory, he started up a conversation with his own flesh and blood. "So...boys huh?" He started, causing Ember to groan.

"Dad, Stop." She hid her face in her hands, not wanting to be pulled into the sudden topic.

"What? I haven't even said anything yet." The blonde man chuckled as he turned to West Broadway street, nearing their home.

"Fine...lay it out, Dad." Her hands moved to be on her chest as she prepared for a wave of cringe-filled humor.

"I'm just glad you're making more friends, darling." He smiled, reaching for his daughter's hand. He's never seen his daughter spend her time with her peers other than Beverly, who hung out at their household as if it were her second home. Seeing Ember around others much less boys for that matter, struck a nerve on the thirty year old.

"It's good to see you finally stepping out of your boundaries."

Em simply nodded then continued to keep silent as their ride home seemed to take longer. When Lianna Peterson died during the time Ember reached elementary, Both Mr.Peterson and his daughter weren't the same ever since. The usual grin plastered on the young Peterson's face was replaced with red puffy eyes and a tear stained face. Mr. Peterson couldn't focus on his work seeing as he worked as a lawyer for the local town. She was the light in their life and their light went out.

As the car turned to their street, a faint bark was heard from the Peterson household. A German shepherd sat on their front lawn, his tail wagging excitedly for his owner's return. Ember smiled at the canine from her window. She reached for the door handle then stepped out once the car was parked by their curb. The large fur ball jumped up and down in glee at the sight of her. Her soft fingers combed through his fur, petting the animal she loved so dearly, her fingers traced the silver tag on his black collar.

The dog's name was Jax. He was given to her at the age of seven when he was still a puppy. The slobbering creature was the perfect gift according to her mom. Maybe that was why Ember found herself so attached to the German shepherd. It was the last gift she was ever given from her mother. A last memory.

A sudden wince erupted from the pale blonde as she remembered the probable purple marks that were now tattooed on her skin. The dog's wet tongue began to lick the bruise as if the poor thing thought it would heal her. Her feet scurried to get to her room before her father could see the dark purple forming on both her arms. Jax following her from behind. Before she could reach the first step of the stairs, she was stopped by another voice she hated to hear every day.

"You guys are back!"

A blonde, tall and slender woman stepped out from the kitchen wearing a black off shoulder dress that hugged her legs together as it reached her knees. She stood next to Mr.Peterson giving him a kiss on the cheek causing the teen to roll her eyes. The vermillion shaded lipstick she wore left a mark on his flesh. Bringing a smile to the woman's face as she saw the young girl shift uncomfortably as she stood watching them. It had been a little over a year but Ember would never get used to her new stepmother.