•7• Fears on the Fourth of July

〖 Way You Make Me Feel: IT 〗

The small group of teenagers made their way down a field just below the train tracks. Mike had decided to stay with them for the rest of the day. With their recent win still evaded on their minds, the home schooled boy couldn't help but feel guilt at what the bullies would do to their group. He didn't want anyone else to be treated the way he was.

"Thanks guys, but you shouldn't have done that. He's going to be after you guys now." He spoke up just as multiple train carts pass by chugging away.

"Oh no, no, no, Bowers? He's always after us." Eddie informed him, shrugging as he made his way down the path.

"You'd be surprised how much time he has in a day to mess with us." Ember laughed, throwing a stick further towards their path to which Jax runs after and brings back. Stan was smiling from behind her, glad to see Ember back to her usual self.

"I g-g-guess that's the one thing we all have in common." Bill continued, his eyes eyeing the brown and black furball that kept running back and forth.

"Yeah, home-school! Welcome to the Losers Club!" Richie welcomed him with a laugh.

Jax barked happily, running through the single file line the group walked in as they stepped down further on the hill. He passed by every loser in a curly line motion earning smiles from the teens. Stanley took the stick from the girl's hand and began to play fetch with the canine.

"I gotta say–your dog's really cool," Mike glanced from behind, reminiscing of his old dog who had died a few years ago, "Must've been trained well

"I gotta say–your dog's really cool," Mike glanced from behind, reminiscing of his old dog who had died a few years ago, "Must've been trained well."

"Yeah, I get that a lot." Ember chuckled under her breath. If she didn't have Jax in her life, she wouldn't know what she would do. Of course there was Stan-who unbeknownst to her was secretly staring at her ass as she walked–but he was a different chemistry.

It was obvious she liked him back; There was no denying it. The Peterson girl just hadn't realized how much he really makes her feel.

"What kind of bird is that, Stan?" The blue-green eyed girl pointed to a small bird that was pecking something on the grass. The feathered creature had intricate markings on its face. A mixture of black and white with a tint of yellow. Brown on top and Brown on the bottom portion of its body being the base colors.

"Oh that's um.." Stan tried to recall, everyone's attention now focused on the small creature "A white-throated sparrow."

"They breed mostly across Canada but there are some in North America and California." He enlightened them, smiling at the song bird. The way the boy talked about things concerning his current hobby with a hint of passion made Ember even more interested in him. A guy like Stanley Uris was hard to find.

"Nerd." Richie coughed from behind him, earning an eye roll from Stan. Ember shook her head upon hearing the trashmouth's comment. Maneuvering her way to be walking besides Stan, breaking their perfect one line. Her hand held his, making the smile on Stan's face get wider and Richie feel left out as he watched the two in front of him.