•9• Nightmare on Niebolt Street

〖 Way You Make Me Feel: IT 〗

Bill, Eddie, Ember, and Richie cautiously stepped inside the dilapidated house, the door creating a squeaking sound that made their stomachs churn. Jax took the liberty the walk in front of the young teens, taking the first whiff of the musty smell of the house. Dust cascaded over every surface like it was dirty snow, small streams of light went through the gaps in the majority of the boarded up windows, dried up leaves and vines were everywhere as well. 

"I can't believe I pulled the short straw," Richie exclaimed, trying to distract himself from the eerie feeling the house brought upon him "You guys are lucky we weren't measuring dicks." 

"You'd be the only one entering this crack house then" The only female in the room surmised monotonously, as they halted in the middle. Richie would've made an inappropriate remark but he decided against it. Her eyes scanned the tall rows of stairs that like every other thing around her was covered in a bed of cob webs and dust particles. Jax sniffed a rusty old bike covered with dust bunnies causing him to emit a small sneeze.

"I can smell it." Eddie echoed, his face contorted in disgust. It wasn't very ideal to let him be the one to go in but no one really spoke against it. Em reached out to rub his back in comfort. 

"Don't breath through your mouth." Richie advised, as he turned to what seemed to be the living room. 

"How come?" 

"Cause then you're eating it." Richie answered, blatantly. It only caused the asthmatic boy to gag and take a puff from his inhaler. 

Ember's eyes rolled to the back of her head as she went to stand next to Bill, comfortingly holding his hand. They both knew it was just a friendly gesture.

"You think we'll find Georgie here?" No one was doubting Bill's intuition. Ember just assumed the missing kids would be locked up in cellars instead of the literal rotting corpse-like house. Plus, even fully grown adults wouldn't survive the place.

"He has to be here." He said, peering his head towards the brunette. His features were strong, determined to find his brother and take him home. Em gave him a small smile, squeezing his hand.

A shuffle from beside them causing all three of the losers to turn their attention to where Richie stood, holding what seemed to be a missing poster in his hands with a saddened expression. The German shepherd was first to approach the sniffling boy, nuzzling his face on Richie's legs.

"What is it?" Bill questioned as they got closer to him. Richie started to breath heavily, the paper shaking in his hands.

"It-It says I'm missing." He croaked, staring at the piece of parchment.

"That's impossible" Ember furrowed her eyebrows. It was just a trick. It had to be. She tried to snatch the poster from him but he didn't budge and began to tremble.

"Y-you're not missing, Richie." Bill told him but the boy wasn't listening.

"Police Department, City of Derry. That's my shirt,  that's my hair, that's my face, that's my name! That's the date!" By now he was screaming and panicking. Eddie was watching him with worry and fear. Jax was whining, trying to get the usual amusing boy to cool down.

"Calm down this isn't real" Bill tried once again but it was still of no use. The screams of their friend was getting louder by the second. Eddie hand clung to Ember's arm, trying to calm his own self. The girl was staring at him, feeling bad that he had to witness this. Richie hasn't experience his one-on-one with IT yet and she was afraid for him.