•14• Try not to get Killed or Something

〖 Way You Make Me Feel: IT 〗

If you asked Joseph Peterson if he'd ever imagine seeing his daughter looking like one of Michael Jackson's back up dancers in the 'Thriller' music video walk into his house, then he'd say you were crazy and end up smacking you upside the head-- Therefore seeing Ember come through the front door looking like hell on wheels almost made him knock his socks off.

Her hair was all over the place, frizzing in places that would have knotted up and disheveled manner. The red and puffiness of her eyes were an indication she had been crying for a long period of time caused a wave of worry to pulse through him.

Ember's spark in her eyes were gone too. An ocean green wave was stuck in a storm and it didn't seem to be coming back for a while. It felt different to walk into her home without feeling uneasy due to her step mother. But she wasn't there.

"Jesus Christ, Em." Blood stained her cotton blouse, reminding her of her beloved canine that now roamed the abyss of the unexplained.

"What happened to you?" Stanley came in on the front porch, behind her. His wounds surrounded by dry blood, his skin and clothes similar to Em's. He gave the man a stiff nod with his lips in a thin line.

"Mr. Peterson...we..uh-she-Jax..." The curly haired boy fumbled over his words, avoiding any eye contact with the thirty year old. Being the bearer of bad news was always so difficult; Especially when he knew he'd break at some point if he triggered something.

Ember took in a deep breath before she dived into her father's chest, letting her arms go around him. It took everything in her not to go into another frenzy and somehow she managed as her lips quivered, "Jax-he's... gone."

There weren't any further explanations needed. From the glassy cover that shaded the girl's eyes to Stan's trembling shoulders, everything was clear to the blonde man. He simply let it all sink in. Death was an old friend he'd never get to meet–he always went for the one's he loved. And only leaves him with heartache. Mr. Peterson let his thoughts invade his mind once again, the silence being a perfect match as he pulled his daughter's frame tighter.

Here's the truth about death

Here's the truth about death. You will never move on from loosing someone you had so much love for; You just try to get through life living with it. Grief would make a hit and run once in a while but it's what makes us human. Neither Joseph or Ember really completely got over losing Lianna Peterson nor would they do with Jax. Two important loved ones that they lost. Ripped out from their lives. In time they would be whole again, but like all carbon copies–they'd never be the same.

The Petersons pulled away from each other, no words said for a moment. Relishing in the sheer fact that they were once again broken and damaged but somehow...still good.