•4• The Girl in the Mirror

〖 Way You Make Me Feel: IT 〗

The group rode on their bikes towards Ben's house back in their normal clothes. Ember was in front of the group, her hair blew in the wind behind her due to her speed. She rode faster, not hearing the yells of her comrades from behind. Jax ran beside her in the same level of swiftness. He loved the feeling of the breeze as much as his owner did. However, she had to slow down from time to time to wait for her friends seeing as she actually didn't know where Ben's house was located. She pressed the breaks and her bicycle halted just as someone taped a missing sign on a post across her. Not another one.

This time it was someone older; someone she knew. Patrick Hockstetter. The tall, dark haired member of the Bower's Gang. The asshole who threw away Stan's Kippah. She'd often thought of dark things to happen to him but now that it had, she was starting to think otherwise. Jax sat on the curb, his head tilted.

In the meantime, the rest of the group were trailing far behind the brunette. They tried to pedal faster but had grown tired after while giving up on catching up with Ember and her canine companion.

"I'm not calling myself a slow poke but shit! That girl's got some legs on her!" Richie exclaimed, shocked to realize the girl was more than just a pretty face Stan fantasized of.

"Yeah, she's always loved riding on the fast lane." A laugh escape the red head's lips agreeing with the trashmouth for once, staring at the empty rode in front of her,  her best friend nowhere in sight.

"Oh I know something else she'd love to ride." Richie implied, earning a shush from Eddie and a huff from Stan.

"Beep Beep, Richie!"

They pass by where Ember and Jax stood waiting for them, the girl finally deciding to ride with them towards the Hanscom household. She cycled next to Stan and sent him a small wink to which he blushed at. Em secretly enjoyed making the boys flustered especially Stan.

Once they reached Ben's house, everyone let their bikes lay on his front lawn. Not caring about how messy it made the house look. Ember noticed that Stan always left his kickstand up which she found amusing and adorable at the same time. Ben immediately went in, rushing to get to his room before anyone else could. He went for every New Kids On The Block merchandise he owned and begin to hide them in fear of the nonstop teasing he would receive from the group: most likely from Richie.

Beverly and Ember were the first in the room. Their eyes widen at the plethora of documents and photos that hung on the walls. Ben was leaning against his closet door where his merchandise was hidden. Even with the abundance of newspaper clippings, historic films and missing posters, the room still had the essence of being a boy. The messy supplies that spread out on his desk and clothes scattered around the room still indicated that Ben was still an average thirteen year old boy.

"Sweet." Ember smirked, her eyes looking around the room with admiration. Jax settled himself on the boy's bed, laying on his stomach. The brunette turned towards Ben apologetically for her dog's behavior in which the boy shook his head at.

"It's alright."

"I've heard he has like a roller coaster and a pet chimp and an old guy's fucking bones!" Richie blabbered away with Eddie about what the Hanscom boy had in his room.

"Woah Woah." Eddie voiced out, looking around.

"Wow." Richie exclaimed upon entering.

"Cool, huh?" Ben took great pride in his work of art. Someone other than his mom could finally see his hard work and effort. Plus seeing Beverly and Ember's countenance as they scanned the room in astonishment was a confidence booster.