•6• Blood, Sweat and Rock Wars

〖 Way You Make Me Feel: IT 〗

Beverly phoned Ember the next morning through her private line. She begged her best friend to come over, filling her in on what occurred in the Marsh's bathroom last night. However, the brown haired girl could hardly focus due to recently having woken up. She did get simple words in like Blood, Sink and Dad. The previous ringing of the girl's phone made Jax—who was sleeping soundly on the bed by her feet- to wake up as well.

"Wait, slow down." Ember tried to make sense of the situation. She rubbed her eyes trying to get the morning blurriness to fade from her vision. Jax nuzzled his face into the girl's hand for some morning head rubs.

The way Bev talked made her feel uneasy. Her breathing was ragged and her words were stumbling over each other "What happened?"

"I just need you to be here. Please."

"I'll be there in a few minutes with the boys." Ember sat up, stretching. The red head's sigh of relief could be heard through the line to which Em narrowed her eyes at. She's never heard Beverly act so afraid and desperate.

For some reason, she instinctively called Stan first out of everyone having exchanged numbers last next after he dropped her off.

"Em?" He answered, groggily having woken up as well.

"I'm sorry for calling you this early but something happened to Bev last night and she needs us right now." The brunette informed him. Stan agreed to gather up everyone and ride to Bev's apartment. But before Ember could hang up, Stan asked if she wanted him to pick her up. Insinuating that she'd ride with him similar to what they did yesterday.

"Yeah, sure." Ember bit back a grin. She was acting more jittery when she heard Stan's voice.

He was a great guy after all. Although he wasn't exactly the hero of yesterday's events, he still showed her he cared.

Changing into a set of shorts and a black shirt, Ember began to think of the possibilities that made Beverly call her so early in the morning. Maybe she saw something too. Something she couldn't understand.

Her eyes peered over at the cotton covered vanity on the wall of her room, goosebumps forming on her skin. She closed her eyes not wanting to think about it further then headed downstairs to the kitchen for breakfast. This wasn't going to control her. Her dad went to work early as did Frannie, leaving the girl alone once again. Even though Ember was still shaken up after the mirror incident, she was glad she didn't have to face her father today. She made herself a quick toast while pouring dog food into Jax's stainless steel bowl.

It didn't take long for the boys to arrive at her house. Jax ran out the door first as Em made sure the doors were locked before she left. He immediately ran around Bill, Eddie, Richie, Stan and Ben who were talking amongst themselves as she made her way towards them.

"W-whu-what's going on?" Bill questioned her, concerned. His hand petting the dog's head.

"I don't really know. She just said it was urgent." Em told them, concerned written on her features as well. She turned her head towards Stan, smiling a bit "Hey,"

"Hey." The curly haired boy smiled back. They seemd to be in awe as they had a silent moment of admiring each other's features. Ember hopped onto the back his bike, wrapping her arms around him again like last time. Everyone except Stan and Ember had faces of utter confusion as to why they were acting so odd. After yesterday, the two teens had gotten closer than they expected. They didn't end up a couple just yet but something was definitely there.

Jax was panting next to Bill, looking between all of them. He was the only one who enjoyed seeing the two's behavior and found it normal now. Ember addressed her attention at their gawking countenances, giving out a "Let's Go." They were both the first to ride off, Jax leaving Bill's side to run next to Stan's bike as their friends still stood on their bikes gobsmacked.