Chapter 8

Beast. Kyle wondered if she would show up tonight, because there had been no more correspondence after the text he sent her earlier. He was watching the news when she knocked. He shook his head, thinking once again; I told her the door would be open. But before he could get up to open it, she walked in.

She smiled at him warmly, and whispered, “I tapped to let you know I was entering, just in case you were indecent.” Joice laughed like she just told a very funny joke. Kyle looked at her, straight faced. She sensed something was wrong and asked if everything was alright. He shook his head yes and asked her to take her clothes off.

Fifteen minutes later, Joice closed the door to Kyle’s room once she was on the other side. She stood there wondering what just happened and if she had missed something. While she would not label this the worst sexual encounter she ever had… Yes, she would. What in the world was that?

Kyle sat on the side of his bed feeling like he’d just done something very wrong. He shook his head and thought, I need to leave this woman alone. I just don’t understand anything about her. What kind of woman sleeps with a man she hardly knows but comes across as so genuine and so…innocent? Damn! I’m not feeling this.  I’m done with her. There are too many women out here for me to be trippin’ over one.