I

"Erica's P.O.V"

"Get out of my house!" My mother screamed at me. "You are just like you're deadbeat drunk asshole of a father." She continued. I sprinted up to my room, tears threatening to spill and I grabbed my backpack I used for school. I poured out all my books and stared shoving clothes and hygiene products in to it. I lifted up my mattress and grabbed my stash of money that I have been saving. It was only about $300 but it had to be enough. I quickly zipped up my bag and ran back downstairs. "And don't ever come back." She yelled once more.

I looked back at her with my swollen red eyes. "Fuck you." I slammed the door. I continued to curse while I made my way down my concrete driveway. I have no where to go. I have no food, no friends, no family.

I walked until I reached the small corner store where all the drunk crackheads hang out. My dad used to go there for hours at a time and come home drunker than a skunk. Thankfully that son of a bitch is in jail no where near me. I pushed open the doors and slowly walked to the refrigerated drinks. I took water bottles and carefully placed them in my book bag making sure no one saw me. Then I made my way to the chip and candy isle and starting shoving things into my large jacket pockets. Finally I walked over to the alcohol section, looking for something to ease the pain. I grabbed the first bottle I saw and placed it in the inside pocket of my jacket. Now, if I cared I would probably buy something so I didn't look suspicious but hey, if I get arrested at least I'll have somewhere to live. As I pushed the door open a bag of goldfish fell out of my pocket. Shit.

"She's stealing someone get her!" I heard the store clerk yell behind me. I took off running and didn't stop till I was sure nobody was still chasing me. I sat down on the nearest bench and I was gasping for air, considering I don't run.

"Hey are you okay?" I heard a voice next to me. I looked over and saw a short boy, he was kinda cute and had semi-curly medium brown hair and chestnut brown eyes.

"Do I look okay?" I snapped. I have really bad trust issues so I have a lot of trouble opening up to people, because I usually just get hurt in the end.

"No you kinda look homeless." He said nonchalantly. I rolled me eyes at him. He's obviously some privileged rich kid.

"Is it that obvious." I sighed. He was taken aback.

"Oh um I'm sorry I-I was just kidding." He sounded sorry. I got up to walk away but he quickly grabbed my arm. "Wait!" He said. I turned around to look at him. "I'm Jack Dylan Grazer, what's your name?"