II

"So?" I responded to the boy who was apparently named Jack.

"So I feel bad, and-and I'm sorry." He stuttered.

"Okay?" I questioned before he pulled me to sit back down.

"What's your name?" He asked again.

"Erica." I mumbled, looking down.

"Well Erica if you really are homeless you should come live with me and my friends!" He shouted.

"What the hell? No." I giggled sarcastically.

"Please please please!" He repeated jumping up and down.

"You're a spaz." I giggled. This was the first time I laughed in a really long time. "One night that's it." I stated firmly....little did I know.

"I'll take it!" Jack yelled before picking me up and spinning me around. I slapped the top of his head and he let me down. I knew Jack and I would be close, eventually.

He grabbed my hand and started to pull me down the street. "How many of you live there anyway?" I asked him.

"Five in total." He said while continuing to pull me.

"Oh wow, I wish I had that many friends." I said which caused him to laugh.

"Well now you have one, and we're gonna be best friends!" He loudly said putting his arm around me.

We approached a large apartment building and walked through the door. "Hey Joe." Jack waved to the man sitting at the front desk. The man waved back and we made our way to the elevator still hand in hand. Idk why but I always felt comfort when I was holding hands with someone romantically or not. In Jack's case I felt like I could trust him. "We're here." We looked at me smiling. He knocked on the door and a girl with short ginger hair opened up and smiled.

"Hi Jack um who is this?" She said looking at me.

"Oh this is Erica she doesn't have anywhere to live so I said she could stay here-"

"Only for one night" I interrupted him. The girl chuckled.

"It'll be nice having another girl around even just for a day. I'm Sophia." She smiled extending out a hand. I hesitatingly took it.

"Jack what the hell, you can't just bring a girl here you find on the street like a lost puppy." I saw a tall boy with curly black hair come out form a room. He was gorgeous but I already knew he was an ass.

Jack grabbed my hand again. "That's Finn he's kind of a douchebag."

"Ya no shit." I rolled my eyes before another bag of goldfish fell out of my jacket.

"Did you steal those!?" Jack looked at me shocked

"How else would I have got them!" I yelled.

Finn scoffed. "Nice job Jack she'll probably rob us too."

"Finn don't say that!" Sophia yelled. "I'm sure she had a reason."

"Yeah I was hungry!" I yelled. Then I started taking all the chips and candy bars that were stored in my jacket, it was a lot. Then I opened my book bag and took out at least 10 water bottles. Then lastly I took the bottle of alcohol and threw it all on the couch.

"Damn I think she just got hotter." The boy named Finn said.