Twenty-Four

Louis comes home from school one afternoon to find Phoebe, Daisy, and Harry all sitting on his bed, Phoebe's hand on Harry's leg as he paints her nails a bright yellow, definitely not a colour Louis would have picked out.

"What's going on?" Louis asks, setting his rucksack down near the door. Harry looks up from Phoebe's little hand and smiles up at Louis.

"They wanted their nails to look nice for when the baby gets here," Harry explains, his tone fond as Louis' face softens.

"Look!" Daisy exclaims, shoving her hands in Louis' direction and showing off her purple fingernails. "Lottie let us use her nail varnish!"

"Very nice, Dais," Louis hums, still smiling as he leans down and kisses the top of Harry's head. "What about you, H? Let me see your nails."

"Phoebe did this hand," Harry holds up his right hand, showing a very messy pattern of pink and purple on his nails. "And Daisy did this one," He holds up his left hand, each fingernail a different colour of the rainbow. "Pretty, yeah?"

"Innit," Louis chuckles into Harry's hair. "How're you feeling today, lovely?"

"Fine," Harry shrugs, leaning his head back so Louis can peck him on the lips. He does, and Harry is beaming when they separate.

"What about me?" Phoebe huffs. Harry giggles while Louis rolls his eyes and smiles.

"And how're you feeling today, Pheebs?" He asks, sitting next to Harry on the bed.

"I'm feeling fabulous," Phoebe replies, flipping her hair over her shoulder. Harry's giggles become harder as he buries his face into Louis' shoulder.

"Baby didn't like that laughing fit," Harry sighs contently, taking Louis' hand and pressing it to his belly. Louis smiles at the frequent kicks against his palm.

"I wanna feel!" Daisy huffs, crawling toward Harry and shoving Louis' hand out of the way. Harry stifles his laughter, smiling at Louis' pout as Phoebe frowns and crawls toward Harry was well.

"I wanna feel too!" Phoebe puts her hand right beside Daisy's, Harry smiling softly while Louis wraps his arm around his waist and kisses right below his ear.

Harry cries at everything now.

He cried when Louis told him they couldn't get a dog because they obviously had enough on their plates and Fizzy is allergic, he cried when Louis forgot to get his biology textbook from his teacher and he couldn't do his work even though he literally had a month to make it up, and he cried out of laughter when they went out to eat with Niall and Jade and Niall took a picture of Louis with his arm around Harry and captioned it "two bros chilling in a booth at Nando's three centimetres apart because they're really gay".

So, it's no surprise that when Harry wakes Louis up and gets an unhappy grunt in return, he starts crying. Louis sighs softly, realising he fucked up as he sits up and looks up at the newly installed skylight. The moon is shining above, the stars surrounding her as Harry sniffles and wipes his eyes.

Harry really is the sun, Louis realises in his sleepy state. He is glowing, a bright smile on his face a lot of the time as he radiates love and warmth from all parts of him.

"No, love, 'm sorry," Louis reaches over and runs his fingers through Harry's thick curls soothingly, his thumb a light purple from when Harry begged to paint his nails, and Louis agreed to one. "What's wrong, H? Did you need something?"

"I-I need cucumbers," Harry whimpers, wiping his eyes as Louis watches sporadic lumps on his belly from their boy's little hands and feet. "I can just go get them myself, but you said not to go down the stairs myself because it's dangerous and I'm sorry but he won't stop kicking and I can't sleep-"

"Okay, bub," Louis hums softly, stumbling off the bed and picking up a shirt from the floor, pulling it onto his bare torso before giving Harry a small smile. "I'll get your cucumbers, okay? Watch the stars for me, tell me if anything interesting happens."

Harry gives Louis a small, watery smile. "M'kay," He sniffles, smile widening as Louis kisses the top of his head and walks out of the room.

Louis' heart is heavy over the lack of cucumbers in the refrigerator. He doesn't want to have to report back to Harry and tell him he can't give him what he wants. Louis sighs at the empty vegetable drawer before going back upstairs to his boy.

"We don't have any," Louis sighs, frowning as Harry's eyes start to water again. "But I can run to Tesco's, love, I'll get you as many as you want, okay?"

"C-Can I come?" Harry whimpers. Louis twists his mouth and sighs, eyes dropping to Harry's round stomach.

"I don't know," Louis sighs. "You're not too far away from your due date, lovely."

"Eleven days!" Harry reminds. "That's not too close. C'mon, Lou, please?"

"Fine," Louis gives in so quickly he has to stop and reevaluate how whipped he is. "It's raining out though, put this on," He tosses Harry one of his worn beanies, which Harry takes and puts on with a smile. "You want a jacket too?"

"I'll be okay," Harry assures with a smile, letting Louis help him up off the bed. "Thank you."

"You're welcome," Louis smiles, grabbing a hoodie from the floor and pulling it over his head.

"Okay, so we've got seven cucumbers," Louis looks down to the basket in his hand with a fond smile. "Anything else you want?"

Harry hums, hands in the pockets of his sweatpants as he bites his lip. He shrugs. Louis raises his eyebrows. "Joshua doesn't want anything else?"

Harry's eyes snap upward to Louis' face. "What'd you say?" He asks. Louis gives Harry a small, timid smile.

"Joshua," Louis decides quietly. "That's what I want to name him."

Harry bites his bottom lip, eyes becoming shiny as Louis sets the basket down on the floor and reaches over to peck Harry's forehead. "You okay?" He asks with a small laugh.

"He's got a name," Harry weeps, burying his face into Louis' chest. "We can start calling him Joshua, Lou."

"Yeah," Louis grins like an idiot as he rubs Harry's back. He steps back from Harry and looks down at his belly. "Hey, Joshua." Joshua kicks, and Harry laughs through his tears.

"I love you so much," Harry sniffles, grabbing Louis by his face and pulling him down so he can smash his lips against his.