Thirty-Three

"Are you nervous?"

Louis' hand moves from the steering wheel of the parked car to Harry's thigh, rubbing it slowly with his thumb. Harry bites his bottom lip and looks down at Louis' hand, putting his own over it and intertwining their fingers.

"A little bit," Harry admits quietly, keeping his eyes on their hands. "I don't want my parents to say anything to you, I don't really care about them insulting me. And what if they, like, reject Josh just because of us?"

"I understand why you're scared," Louis nods. He really wants Harry to feel like his feelings are validated. "But Gemma will be there, and I know how excited you are to see her, so maybe focus on that."

"You're right," Harry agrees, although he doesn't sound very reassured. "I love you, Lou, thanks."

"I love you too, Haz," Louis says sweetly, giving Harry's thigh a squeeze before unbuckling his seatbelt. Harry takes a deep breath and does the same, stepping out of the car before walking to the back and unbuckling Josh.

"Haz, you're shaking, do you want me to take him?" Louis asks with a slight, worried frown. Harry nods and hands Joshua off to Louis, licking his lips. Louis' frown deepens. "It'll be okay, Harry."

Harry just nods. Louis leans down and presses his lips to Harry's softly, Harry instantly becoming less tense as he melts into it. "I love you," Harry whispers, and Louis smiles at him, because even though they had just exchanged I love you's minutes ago, every time will feel like the first.

"I love you too," He says. Harry takes a deep breath and grabs onto Louis' hand, leading him up the walkway to the front door. He rings the doorbell slowly, and almost immediately the door opens.

"Oh my goodness, Harry!" Gemma gasps, pulling Harry inside and attacking him in a hug. Harry laughs and holds onto her tight, Louis stepping into the house and shutting the door behind him.

"You look so grown up," Gemma coos, leaning back from Harry and pinching his cheek. "How've you been? You alright?"

"I'm okay," Harry giggles, and before he can say anything, Gemma's eyes land on Louis.

"Is this the lad you've been gushing to me about over the phone?" She asks with a smile, and Harry rolls his eyes.

"Shut up," He huffs before his lips turn up into a smile. "Yeah, this is Louis. And this," He slowly Josh out of Louis' arms, holding him on his hip. "Is your nephew."

"Oh my gosh, he's gorgeous!" Gemma gasps, grinning at Joshua and tickling under his chin. She looks at Louis and says, "He looks a lot like you, love."

"You think so?" Louis asks, a delighted grin taking over his face as Harry hums in agreement. Gemma fully turns towards Louis and nods, grinning at him and sticking her hand out towards him.

"'S so nice to properly meet you," Louis takes her hand in his and shakes it. "I've heard so much about how amazing and sweet and cute you are over the phone, I have high expectations."

"Sorry if I let you down," Louis chuckles, looking over to where Harry's cheeks are turning pink. Out of the corner of his eye he can see Anne come into the room, but he doesn't look at her, because he's a bit intimidated at first.

Gemma and Louis are silent, both watching her and Harry at the same time, carefully. Harry's grip on Joshua visibly tightens. They don't run and hug each other like Harry and Gemma had, instead Harry being the first of the two to give a timid smile and take a deep breath.

"Hi, Mum," He greets quietly, watching as Anne's eyes shift to Josh and stay there.

"Hello, Harry," Anne says back, glancing at Louis. "Um, would you boys like some tea?"