Thirty-Four

3 YEARS LATER

Louis groans into his pillow as his alarm goes off, smiling at the familiar feeling of his arm wrapped around Harry's waist. He slowly sits up with a pout, eyes half shut as he slams his hand down on the clock to turn the beeping off.

Louis sighs to himself, rubbing his hands over his face. He's never been a morning person. He wishes he picked a job where he could wake up two hours later like the rest of the population.

His eyes shift over to Harry, and he smiles to himself. How the most beautiful person in the world got stuck with a poor bastard like himself, Louis has no idea. He reaches over and brushes a curl out of Harry's face, and Harry's lips curl into a small smile. He's gorgeous.

"G'morning, love," Louis whispers, voice still raspy from sleep. Harry reaches out, and Louis' smile grows as he grabs onto his hand, giving it a squeeze.

"I don' want you to leave," Harry mumbles into his pillow, slowly opening his eyes and giving Louis a sleepy pout. Louis smiles fondly, leaning down and pressing a kiss to Harry's forehead.

"I know, baby," Louis says softly, rolling over and climbing on top of Harry so he's sitting on top of him. Harry used to do that a lot when they were teenagers. Sometimes Louis feels like they're still teenagers. His love for Harry hasn't withered or changed at all. "But tomorrow's the weekend, and we can stay in bed all day if we want to."

"Yes, please," Harry smiles, and Louis leans down and presses his lips to his. Harry puts his hands on Louis' cheeks as they kiss, neither of them minding the uncomfortable position or the morning breath. They spend most mornings like this.

"Patty cake patty cake baker's man," They hear a little voice sing from the next room over. "Bake me a cake as fast as you can," Louis and Harry separate and start to giggle, listening as Josh sings to himself. "Roll it, cut it, mark it with a D, and put it in the oven for Daddy n' me!"

"Would it be narcissistic to say we have the cutest kid in the world?" Harry asks with a smile.

"Not if it's just a fact," Louis smiles back at him. "I'll go get him up."

"I'll make the coffee," Harry sits up, and Louis climbs off the bed.

"See you downstairs," Louis says as he walks out of the room, and he can hear Harry giggling as he leaves.

"Well good morning, bub," He grins as he walks into the nursery, opening all of the curtains. Josh is standing in his little cot, a teddy bear tucked under his arm. "You sleep okay?"

"Mhm!" Joshua replies with a big smile. Louis lifts him out of the cot, and Josh leans into his shirtless chest.

"We're gonna get you a big boy bed this weekend, J," Louis mumbles, kissing the top of Josh's head. "So Mummy and Daddy don't have to get you up every morning."

"'Kay," Josh mumbles into Louis' chest. Louis carries him downstairs and into the kitchen, where Harry hands him a cup of coffee. He's never going to find another person who makes his coffee just the way he likes it.

"Good morning, love," Harry coos towards Josh, who reaches his arms out for him. Harry smiles and puts his own coffee down, taking Josh from Louis and kissing the top of his head.

"I think I'll be out around three today," Louis mentions, walking towards the refrigerator and squeezing Harry's arm as he walks by.

"Okay," Harry takes a sip of his coffee. "I have to go to the grocery store today, but I'll probably be back before you come home. Maybe we'll get ice cream too."