Thirty-Two

Louis wakes up on his nineteenth birthday feeling the same, more or less. Nineteen isn't that big of a deal anyways. It feels pretty insignificant.

He opens his eyes slowly, seeing Harry still sleeping, and he smiles to himself. He reaches up and strokes Harry's cheek with the back of his hand. Harry, still sleeping, reaches up and grabs Louis' hand lazily, making Louis smile.

"Babababa," He turns his head to look at Joshua's cot and sees him sitting up in it, looking over at Louis. He supposes that means he should get up.

Louis sighs softly and kisses Harry's forehead before getting up out of bed, walking over to Josh's cot. "Sleep well, mate?" He mumbles sleepily, lifting Josh out of his cot and holding him to his bare chest.

"Ahh," Joshua crows, leaning into Louis. Louis walks over to the windows and opens the curtains, raising his eyebrows when he sees it snowing lightly.

"Look, J," Louis says softly, pointing towards the window. "'S snowing. Never snows in England. Mummy likes the snow, he'll probably drag us outside later."

Josh's mouth is in an 'o' shape as he stares out the window. Louis kisses the top of his head and turns around to see Harry slowly starting to sit up.

"Oh, good morning, Mummy," Louis laughs, and Harry smiles.

"Morning," He says quietly, Louis handing Joshua over to him. Harry kisses the top of Joshua's head like Louis had before. "Did you say happy birthday to Dad, babe?"

"Ba da baaa," Josh babbles loudly, and Louis chuckles.

"Thank you, buddy," Louis sits down next to Harry on the bed. Harry leans over and presses a kiss to his cheek, making Louis grin.

"Happy birthday, Lou," Harry grabs Louis by the cheek and turns his head to press his lips to Louis'. Louis grins into the kiss, leaning his forehead against Harry's afterwards, the both of them giggling like that kiss was their first.

Harry's eyes slowly shift over to the window before they light up. "Lou! It's snowing!" He says excitedly, tightening his grip on Josh a bit. "We should-"

"Go outside?" Louis interrupts, and Harry nods with a huge grin. Louis sighs, taking Joshua from Harry and standing up. "Alright, fine. I'll get him bundled up."

Harry stands up and kisses Louis' cheek before walking over to the closet to get his jacket. Louis shakes his head at himself and how whipped he is before trying to find a sweater for Joshua.

"I don't think he likes it."

"I beg to differ."

It's cold, too cold to be standing in the back garden, and Harry's got Josh on his hip and he's grinning at all the snow falling. Louis, on the other hand, is standing with them and pouting.

"Right, J?" Harry coos softly, giving Josh a little squeeze. "You like the snow, 's pretty, yeah?"

Louis' pout turns into a fond smile. Harry squats down and holds Josh up so he's standing in the snow, Harry's hands on Josh's hips. Louis squats down to their level and takes his phone out, snapping a picture of his two boys. While Josh giggles at Harry kissing his nose, Louis types out a caption on Instagram and posts it.

louist91: best way to spend a birthday !! :)

jadethirlwall: AW FAVES

niallhoran: what a great pic of harry and a future golfing champ

louist91: not a chance @niallhoran

harrystyles: love you :)

leighannepinnock: ^nasty nasty nasty

harrystyles: ^jealous jealous jealous

Louis spends his birthday surrounded by his family, and he loves it.

They don't give presents, because Louis, like every year, insists that he's fine with the presents he'll get for Christmas. But Jay makes him a cake and they all sit in the lounge and eat next to the Christmas tree.

"You two are disgusting," Fizzy wrinkles her nose as Harry feeds Louis a bite of his cake. Louis just sticks his tongue out at her while Harry giggles.

"Jealous?" Louis teases. Fizzy rolls her eyes while Harry shakes his head.

"She's twelve," He reminds as he feeds Louis another bite of cake. Louis just smirks as Harry's eyes land on Joshua, who's sitting with Lottie as she helps him with some ice cream.

"Besides," Fizzy shrugs, digging her fork into some cake. "I've got a boyfriend."

"You what?" Jay asks with raised eyebrows. Louis can't help it, he cracks up, even after Harry smacks him on the back of the head. Fizzy's eyes widen, and she whips her head towards her mother.

"N-No, I was just kidding," Fizzy assures, although it's clear that she wasn't.

"We will talk about this later," Jay says, and Fizzy gulps. She looks like she's about to try and defend herself again before Harry stands up to go to the washroom, and Joshua starts to shriek.

Harry just sighs, looking back at Josh and biting his bottom lip. Louis stands up from the sofa and takes Joshua from Lottie, cradling him to his chest as Josh holds out his little hand towards Harry. He doesn't like when one of them leaves the room, and it tears Harry up, because he know the poor thing is just scared.

"Go, babe, 's okay," Louis assures, stern and gentle at the same time. "I've got him." Harry sighs and turns back around, wincing at Joshua's crying as he steps into the washroom and shuts the door.

When he comes back, Josh is laying on Louis' chest, with Louis letting him eat a bit of frosting off of his index finger. Harry rolls his eyes and sighs while Louis giggles at the way Josh licks at his finger.

"That's not very good for him, Lou," Harry points out, plopping down next to them on the couch.

"'S only a little bit," Louis points out, wrapping his arm around Harry's shoulders. "He's fine." Harry rolls his eyes again, to which Louis kisses his cheek.

"Can I ask you a question?" Harry asks, voice soft as Louis changes into his pyjama pants.

"'Course," Louis replies, not looking at Harry as he strips off his shirt.

"Um, my mum invited us over tomorrow," Harry confesses. Louis whips his head towards Harry, eyebrows furrowed. "You, me and Josh. And, I want to go. Not really to see her, or my stepdad, just to see Gemma. She hasn't been home in almost two years. A-And you don't have to come, if you really don't want to, but I want to bring Josh."

Louis takes a moment to take in what Harry had told him. Harry looks nervous, and Louis frowns when he steps back a bit and looks down at his feet.

"Hey, come here, love," He says sweetly. Harry looks up at him with raised eyebrows before slowly stepping towards him, into his open arms. Louis wraps them around Harry's body, kissing the top of his head. "I'll go with you to your mum's, okay? As long as you're sure it's what you want to do."

Harry grins. "It is," He assures, leaning up and pressing his lips to Louis'. They separate, and Louis is smiling. "Thank you, Lou."