eight

It's been a few weeks since Gal and I have, y'know, done anything. We have been keeping it low, and to be honest it feels like we're fading. It's October now, and there is some kind of dumb as hell Halloween party coming up. I'll probably dress as... I don't know, a lesbian.

My mom is still staying with me, which is pretty nice. I do miss having my own place, by myself and all that good stuff though. She'll be gone soon. Plus, aren't visits supposed to be quick?

Today is Friday, and I am not in the mood to go to school. My mom wakes me up with breakfast. That's a good thing, because if she wasn't here, I would be too lazy to make myself some breakfast.

"It's Friday!" My mom cheers as she hands me my breakfast.

I shrug, but also let out a sigh of relief. "Yeah, I know."

"That means I leave soon. Sunday. Then soon, you're coming home for Thanksgiving!"

I forgot about Thanksgiving to be honest. I am excited to stuff my face, though. After breakfast, I say my goodbye and leave for school. It is a rainy, cold morning and I hate driving in it.

10:30 a.m.

I'm sitting at lunch with Connor, Rebeca and the others. Somewhat, today is pretty slow and boring.

"So," Connor nudges my elbow. "Anything new going on?"

"Not really." I say dryly, peeking over at Gal, who is talking to a male teacher.

That really works my nerves. I study him a bit more and realize the way he is looking at her. He is eye-fucking her. And Gal is buying it? Is this why she's been distant?

"Who's coming to the Halloween party?" Margaret chimes in, all happy.

Jo raises his pinky finger as he takes a sip of his water. "I am. We should all go as a group."

"Nice idea, I'm in." Rebeca smiles and touches my thigh. "You in, Katie?"

Rebeca's touch snaps me back into reality, and I shrug. "Maybe. I think the whole party thing is stupid."

"Damn, Katie. You all good? You got a small attitude." Rebeca replies, tilting her head.

"I'm fine."

I hate myself for doing what I just did. I had the nerve to look back over to Gal and that guy talking. He is too close to her. I don't like it. The more I watch, the more angrier I get.

This causes me to tear up. What the fuck is wrong with me? I never cry, bro. I'm a bad bitch! This is not good, I'm panicking.

I grab a napkin and place it under my eyes, causing my group to panick as well.

Jo's eyes widen as he watches me. "Yo, Katie, what the hell you crying for?"

I give him a sarcastic smile and sneer. "I'm not crying, Joseph. It's allergies."

I see the worry in Rebeca's eyes as she watches me get up and excuse myself. Grabbing my trash, I walk over to the trashcan nearest to Gal. I feel her attention on me, but I want her to know I hate her. For ghosting on me? Hell no.

Anyway, walking to the trashcan, someone met up with me. Someone as in, Felicity. I groan as I turn to her.

"What?"

"You're a piece of trash."

I roll my eyes and laugh. "Okay, listen. I didn't do shit to you, baby. Why are you pressed?"

Felicity crosses her arms for a second, then has the nerve to hit my phone out of my hand, causing to slide on the floor over to Gal's feet. Really?