nine

9:15 a.m.

Sleeping in, cause it's Saturday and it feels so good. Last night was so great, and it has me thinking. What should I do today? I know Gal is a grown woman and probably needs a break from me, so I decide to text the group about Halloween shopping.

Me: I guess I'll tag along for the Halloween party. Shopping for costumes today?

I wait a few minutes, then my phone buzzes a few times, receiving texts from my friends.

Rebeca: I'm in.

Connor: This is exciting! Mall time.

Mags;) : Yes! Who's got the ride?

Then I start laughing because of how quick I'm getting their answers. 

Jo: I'll be the designated driver. How about we get some food too while we're out?

Me: Food is always good.

I'm geeked, as we're setting up a time, I receive a FaceTime call from Gal. Interesting, she never FaceTimes me...

I excitedly press answer, and I see her morning beauty appear on my screen. "Well good morning."

"Good morning." She says in a raspy voice and rubs her eyes.

"Why'd you call?"

Gal gives me a weird look. "I thought you love talking to me."

"I do! It's just you never call me over FaceTime—"

"Whatever. I just called to say good morning and I hope you have a great day." I see Gal tiredly smile at me, and it causes me to smile back.

I blush a bit, and smile. "What are your plans for today?"

"Grading papers. Teachers don't have lives." Gal groans, "What about you?"

"I'm going costume shopping with some friends. They convinced me to come with them to the Halloween thing up at the college."

"Sounds fun. I'm very tired so I'm going back to sleep. I just wanted to check in on you."

My cheeks turn even more red, and hopefully she doesn't see that on her end. Before I could stop myself, I say: "My girl is amazing."

My heart starts beating and I feel like I'm dying. Gal smiles at me, and yawns. "Only for you. Goodnight."

And she hung up. Woah, I am... amazed.

11:30 a.m.

I finally bring myself to my feet and go downstairs, I see a note from my mom and read it.

Dear Katie,
Thank you for the amazing hospitality. Unfortunately, your brother and I had to leave a day early due to an emergency at work. Blake is in town still, looking at houses to buy near you. Give him a call sometime like a good sister. I love you and thank you for spending time with me while I visited. See you soon.
-Mom

The fuck? At least wake me up, damn. Anyway, I get dressed, already in a bad mood. Maybe ten minutes later, I hear the obnoxious knocking at my door. My friends.

I walk over, and open my door revealing Rebeca. "Hey beautiful."

Rebeca rolls her eyes and walks with me to the car, piled with Jo, Connor and Margaret. "Hey, get in."