fourteen

-Katie

1:28 p.m.

"So this is what she does when I'm not there? Go hook up with her famous friend?"

"Katie, chill out. You know she loves you." Lynn tries taking the TV remote from me, but I push her out my way.

My phone begins to ring, and I scoff reading Gal's name. "At least she didn't forget about me. Fuck her!"

I let my phone ring, ring, and ring until it stops. I'm mad. No, I'm not mad....

"I'm furious!"

"What you are, is over-fucking-dramatic." Lynn rolls her eyes and sits next to me. "You're crazy if you think you're gonna be mad that she's with a friend. Don't be one of those people who believe everything they see on TV, Katie."

I glance at my phone again.

New voicemail: Gal

"Fuck that! You know what, I'm just going to chill. I'm chillin'!" I kick back on the bed in the guest room at my Mom's house, and sigh. "No worries whatsoever."

"What's all this arguing about?" Lynn's mom comes in here and crosses her arms.

I shoot her a look, and I hear Lynn gulp. "What arguing? We're watching TV."

Lynn's mom looks at the TV, and notices Gal. "Ah, been a long time since I've seen her modeling. Good to know she still looks good."

"She tastes good too." I mumble under my breath and smirk, because Lynn's mother is homophobic.

"Excuse me?"

Lynn slaps my shoulder. "Katie if you don't-"

"I said, Gal Gadot is actually my teacher!" I mention, excitedly trying to lighten the tense mood.

Her mom gives me a look, and scoffs. "No way."

"Yes. She's my English professor. Her and I are quite close!" I add a smile.

"That's interesting. One of my friends works at the same school, and he also knows Gal..."

My heart stops. Have I said too much? No, I'm good. "Who? I might've seen him around. I'm quite familiar with the staff—"

"Cause you get in trouble most of the time—"

I nudge Lynn and roll my eyes. "Oh shut up Lynn, like you would know—"

"Bill. He's a professor."

I feel like I'm dying. My heart dropped. Wow, small fucking world. I grip the hem of my shirt to keep calm.

I almost choke on my words. "I... I know Bill."

5:49 p.m.

My mom has been working all day, so she gets off at 7 tonight. It's just Lynn, her mom and I, at my mom's house. Why is her mom here? I got no fucking clue.

I've finally cooled off from the Gal and Chris Pine situation, but I just want to keep my distance from her until I see her again. The fact that Lynn's mom knows Bill scares me. That could mean anything.

"Hey mommy." I say sweetly into my phone, cheesing because I miss her.

"Hola hija. Me voy a casa pronto, te amo." I can hear the happiness in her voice.