Death is Only the Beginning

"K-Kacchan... Th-That's mean" a stuttering young boy took a fighting stance while he stood with an injured kid behind him.

"Oh. So deku's getting a bit brave eh?" A boy with explosively pointed hair said while his cronies followed up and walked to his side.

"D-Don't hurt o-other people Kacchan" The forest haired boy stated.

"Try me!" With a faux smile and a punch to his own palm, the explosive teen created a cackle of a small explosion with his punch.

Needless to say, the young boy and the kid he was defending got beaten to a pulp.

Izuku Midoriya learned at a young age that not all men are created equal. All of his friends and peers had amazing and useful quirks that could help them in daily life, or when they pursue a job. Of course, being the lucky person he is, Izuku has no quirk.

He and his mother once went to the doctor to check if he did have a quirk, unfortunately the news wasn't anything good. "I'm sorry, but these tests all say that he should have manifested his quirk already. I mean look at this, he clearly has lost the toe joint. Signifying that he's within the criteria of people having quirks." A stereotypical doctor stated while he pointed to x-rays of Izuku's foot.

"Y-You think he won't have a quirk?" A young woman with dark forest green hair asked while she looked back at her son. The boy had tears in the corner of his eyes while he held back the urge to let them flow.

"I'm not saying that, I'm just saying that you probably shouldn't get your hopes up." And there it was, Izuku let the tears flow full force before his mother inched her way to the boy while she gripped onto him.

"SShhh.... it's okay Izuku, you'll get a quirk" she stated while rubbing his back in comfort.

"R-Really?" He asked in between sobs. The woman just nodded in response while he kept on sobbing.

"A-A-And I'll be a hero?" He asked once more. The doctor watched the whole scene before him in slight sadness, it was probably the hardest part of his job. Being a modern day pediatrician, he had watched children come and go. Having some quirks, and the unlucky ones left in the dirt. But more than 80% of kids nowadays had quirks, but Izuku was probably one of the unlucky ones.

"I'm sorry for interrupting, but what are you and your husband's quirks?" The doctor chimed in.

"O-Oh. I can attract small objects towards me, while my husband had flame breath." She stated while she pulled a small allmight figurine from Izuku's hand.

"I see" the doctor rubbed his beard in thought. "It might seem farfetched, but there have been cases of offspring having quirks unrelated to their parents." The man in a lab coat stated. "Though, I wouldn't count on it, we're talking about a 1% chance that this could happen."

"S-So there's still a-a-a chance!?" Izuku asked with wide eyes.

"No no, listen to me kid. It's a small chance, but having a percentage like that, then it might as well be zero." The doctor replied back.

The mother and son duo went back home as Izuku looked like a shell of a child, his dreams were crushed thoroughly and his mother watched him break right in front of her. What was she supposed to do? Inko can give Izuku anything, but a quirk is a whole different subject.

Izuku walked upstairs and booted up his computer. He clicked and watched his favorite video. A video that picked him up through tough times, a video that gave him hope and inspired him to be better. A video that mocks him that he'll never become a hero.

Inko watched him, her own child cry in hopeless sorrow while she couldnt do anything about it. She walked slowly and crouched a little bit so she could see her child.