Mortify

Pain.

Pain.

Static.

Light.

Darkness.

Heat.

Frost.

All these feelings and visions flowing through his body at once while the searing pain flowing through cut him like a heated sword through ice.

It hurt, it hurt like nothing can top this level of physical pain. Especially on the neck and head, his headache was equivalent to putting him in between a vice. The white in his vision faded down, the static meshing back into comprehensible noise. The pain still there while the boy gave a pained groan.

"Everything hurts" he muttered. Slowly opening his eyes, he saw the white light simmer down into reds, greens, beiges, and blues. The white noise in his ears went back from static to the usual birds chirping and the winds blowing in the normal school day.

The lump in his chest returned, the aching feeling, the unimaginable emotional pain festering inside returned full force as he realized what had just happened.

"I can't even end it all correctly, is this some kind of sick joke? D-Does the world really hate me enough to keep me here?" He asked, tears flowing from his eyes while he grit his teeth in frustration.

"Why?"

"Why?"

"WHY!!?" With a shout of pure fury he let the last tear shed. It wasn't anything new for the boy to cry after a day in hell, but he just did something to try and escape. But he failed.

"Damnit." He sniffled. "How a-am I gonna explain this to mom" he tried getting up, but his vision was still sideways on a nearby bush.

"M-My bones are probably broken" mumbling while trying to scratch his head. But when he tried, no hand came up to his head. He instead felt the branches and leaves of a bush, or maybe a tree perhaps?

"Ugh.... wh-what happened" a rhetorical question he asked himself while trying to move. While he did so, he noticed the bush in front of him rustling as well.

"I-Is someone there!?" He called out while trying to inch away from the bush. Unfortunately, his vision told him that he hasn't moved an inch from where he was.

"H-He-hey! D-Don't come any closer" he winced once the bushes started shaking more violently. "S-Stop!" He shouted, until he saw it.

A headless body crawling backwards while blood stained its neck and black uniform.

"AAAHHH!!" Izuku yelled. "A g-ghost!!" Trying to run away, the boy's face flopped to the ground as he tried to turn. He saw the body run around and around as he kept screaming for help, for some reason, the boy was starting to get winded.

"S-someone" Izuku almost whispered while panting, looking to the headless body. He saw that it was also mimicking a motion like it was wheezing.

He tried scratching his head in confusion, but what he saw shocked him.

Izuku saw the headless body perk up and attempt to scratch its head, if only it had one.

Putting the puzzle pieces together Izuku muttered "I-is th-that m-my body!?" He asked in terror. Moving back and forwards, Izuku noted that his body followed suit.

"H-How!?" He asked. Scratching his arm and brushing the dirt off his uniform, he looked back at his bloodied body in interest.

But what was most intriguing was the fact that his injuries were slowly healing. The dislocated and slightly beaten up ankle he had was slowly moving back to its original position. His scratches and bruises were slowly healing up as well.