Relieve Me Of This Life

"And in other news, several quirkologists and pediatricians have been reported missing around the Kyoto prefecture, Hosu City, and Musutafu Ward. The police  are frantically searching for the suspects, but-" Izuku turned the television off while he lazed around on the couch. He was scratching his neck where the stitches had been applied while his mother was in the kitchen. He tugged unconsciously on one snippet of surgical string while his mother cooked them dinner.

"Izuku dear, I don't think you should be picking at it. It's only been a few hours and I'm not quite sure you would like to get it re-stitched" She scolded from across the counter as the boy cringed. Having his head sewed back onto his neck was not an experience he was excited to re-live. In fact, the boy was borderline traumatized from the happening.

"A-Alright" Izuku replied weakly, it wasn't that the string keeping his head on was irritating or anything. It was just that his neck felt extremely stiff, for one it didn't have the same feeling that it had when he was "Quirkless" but, it was just one of the few gripes he now had.

Other than that, it felt prickly. The base of his neck and the bottom half of his head felt like they were both being lightly electrocuted. When he asked the doctor about it though. The man merely replied with "It's because of your sentient blood. My child, it flows without any need of a pulmonary organ. So it would naturally move around even if something is on it"

Izuku was starting to miss carrying his own head if it meant relieving him of this nuisance. He could barely turn his neck around before he could feel the pain of the thin strings tugging at his flesh. It was not a pleasant experience.

Izuku couldn't get much sleep that night. He could feel the prickly movements of the tiny cells within his blood slosh around his neck area. It didn't help much that whenever he turned there was a pang of pain in his neck. It bugged him for the most part, but seeing his mother slightly calm down after the whole headless fiasco was worth it.

>Break

Izuku was nervous. Not only did he have to go back to school, which was the main reason on why he found his quirk out. But he knew that he was definitely going to be bombarded with questions. He was the headline when he saved Katsuki from the sludge villain. He saw his black and green hair fly across the screen and his body stumble across the sidewalk while onlookers pointed in shock and terror. And Izuku had all the reasons to be scared. Well, he thinks it would be an utter disaster when he comes back to school. But he can't help but be optimistic.

He had a quirk for crying out loud, A QUIRK! He was one of the 80% of lucky people to receive a special power or property. Though, some stronger than others. Izuku was already late, and he saw small sparks of explosions when he crossed the gate. The boy took a big gulp of saliva as he trudged down the hall, he definitely had enough pains on his neck to realize that going to school right after an operation with a fresh wound probably wasn't the best idea.

He knocked on the door three times, gripping onto the straps of the bright yellow bag. He took in one last deep breath before sliding open the door to meet the class all perk up and stare at his direction.

'Oh god' Izuku thought to himself while he took a scratch at the stitchings on his neck.

"Ah, Good morning Midoriya. Hope you're feeling well today. Please take your seat." The teacher instructed once he entered.

Izuku could feel the judgemental gazes his classmates gave him. It really made him squirm. He took his seat and put his yellow bag by his desk. But for some reason, Izuku felt different. He could feel the malicious aura Katsuki was enveloping him in, Izuku took a glance back and saw the boy glaring daggers at him. It was kinda expected, since he knew that katsuki was pissed that he helped him out during the whole slime fiasco.