Recess: Lamb Skewers

In which a group of teenagers go out to eat, and things get messy. 

•\\\<

•\\\<

The tongue is a wily thing. It's considered a beast in its own right, dangerous if left unshackled, deadly if left untamed. People often say that the tongue has a mind of its own. But that's spoken by the very thing we're warned to beware, so the truth is for you to decide.

Jungkook knew exactly what he wanted to say when he parted his lips.

But the words that came out of his mouth were completely different than what he had in mind.

Waveringly—almost questioning his own answer, fully unconvinced of himself—he uttered without batting a lash,

"S-sure. She can come."

Yes. The tongue is indeed a wily thing.

And so, that's how eight young individuals found themselves seated inside of a dimly lit oriental restaurant, smushed together between two connected tables, four per side, feet accidentally kicking shins, arms brushing, utensils jumbling. The journey to the somewhat decrepit but admittedly homey dining place had been between one truck and public transportation. Jin stayed behind to drive Taehyung, Jungkook, and Sachi (Taehyung agreeably sat between to avoid any awkwardness). The others took the bus.

Namjoon— lanky, skyscraper Namjoon, was complaining about the lack of leg space. Jimin, seated on one side of Sachi, did his very best to not accidentally elbow the girl in the bosom. Meanwhile Taehyung, on her other side, did manage to mistakenly elbow her bosom, leaving everyone excluding the two involved in the situation wondering whether it would be more appropriate to show concern or laugh the entire affair off. Hoseok and Jin were the first to cave and begin chuckling, which just resulted in the entire table erupting like a fire.

Amidst the guffaws and wheezes, Taehyung repeatedly apologized to the girl, the embarrassed flush of his cringing face conveying more than enough of his genuine sincerity. Sachi simply waved him off, thoughtlessly blabbing, "Don't worry. Wouldn't be the first time something like this has happened." She immediately caught on to her mistake when the entire table suddenly went quiet, an extinguisher smothering the flames.

Namjoon was the first to break the silence and pop the question. "What exactly do you mean by that? Was it one of us?"

Before any of them could get any ideas or suspicions, she waved her hands, feebly batting away their assumptions. "Hey, why so serious all of a sudden? All I said was it wasn't the first time it happened, that doesn't mean it happened recently."

Their skeptical looks were starting to make her a bit nervous. And she wasn't the only one. With everyone's attention centered on her, none of the boys noticed Jungkook, who had slouched a bit lower in his chair, shoulders rising to his ears to hide the obvious flush on his cheeks. Sachi had, however, taken notice of his flustered predicament. She knew that if any one of his friends' gazes went to him, her little facade would collapse, the truth unavoidably revealed. Which is exactly why she proceeded to do what she did next.