Chapter 3

×Kakuzu's POV×

"Hidan stop walking so fast." Kakuzu said as he pulled Hidan back by the nape of his neck with the threads from his arms.

"But I feel excited about something other than Jashin! I feel happy and-"

"Shut up and let's finish the mission already." Kakuzu growled, and then noticed something as his threads pulled Hidan back. He didn't cuss...? Is he okay?

They continued in silence, which was unusual. Hidan was usually arguing or ranting about something.

Kakuzu kept a watch on him. Such a weird kid. Hidan was staring into the path ahead of him with a smile on his face.

"Hey Kakuzu?"

"Hm?"

"Have you ever... Well has anyone ever loved you?"

Kakuzu stopped walking and stared down at Hidan. "I may have four hearts, but nobody has ever gave me theirs. Nor have I gave anyone mine."

"Oh, that sucks." Hidan sighs and looks down.

"Why do you ask? You're trying to hit on Konan again aren't you?" Kakuzu questioned.

"No I'm not! Pein told me to fuck off last time."

"So you feel like you need advice for the future then?"

Hidan looked back up. "H-How did you know?"

"Just a feeling. I haven't been alive 91 years for nothing. I have to take care of your ignorant ass anyways."

Hidan scoffed and crossed his arms and started walking again. Kakuzu stayed in place.

He waited until Hidan was a few yards away. "Hey dumbass, that's the wrong way." Kakuzu yelled.

Hidan turned around angrily and ran towards Kakuzu, then jumped onto his back. "If you care about me so much, give me a piggyback ride."

Kakuzu huffed. "If you insist..." He made sure he was holding Hidan at an angle to where he wouldn't fall, and continued on his way.

×Y/N's POV×

"P/N, are you sure we're going the right way?" Y/N asked.

"Y-Yes ma'am..! It should be right this way... Just a few more hours until we arrive."

"Alright." Your e/c eyes view your surroundings as you followed P/N. Trees and bushes were scattered everywhere. Small streams were also covering the ground. It was almost noon. The roar of nearby river  rapids made you feel comforted. It was the beginning of summer. The sun provided a lot of heat, but the shade from the trees and the breeze cooled you down.

"Takigakure... What's it like?" You asked your partner.

"Well, it has a strict culture and everyone follows the elder's lead. Females aren't really looked up upon, at least according to street rumor."

"Huh. Well, they have something coming."