Chapter 5

| Y/N's POV |

Kakuzu took the lead as they approached the Akatsuki's hideout. He then did a series of Jutsu signs to unlock the entrance, and everyone else followed him inside.

There was a large entrance room, with several corridors leading to other rooms. Next to the corridors were little signs. The entrance room was dull compared to what I could see in the corridors.

We stood there for a few minutes, taking everything in. There was so much to learn about Kakuzu and Hidan. Hidan... I remember that name, but from where? I remember his eyes too.

A plant-looking creature shot up from the ground like an earthquake. You held onto P/N slightly as the ground shook. You were surprised to see a cloak on the plant, wondering how it even got the cloak on.

Kakuzu patted your head, which was apparently his "let-me-calm-you-down" mechanism. You looked up at him and realized how short you were. (Because everyone is short to Kakuzu) The figure turned and look at you.

"Ah, Y/N, our new recruit. Who's this with you?"

"Isn't it proper to introduce yourself first before asking for someone else's name?" P/N rebutted.

"Fine. We're Zetsu. Who are you?"

"P/N, I serve for Y/N."

Zetsu nodded, and two more partner groups walked in.

"Itachi, Kisame.. Sasori, Deidara. Welcome back." Kakuzu said.

"Danna, who are they?" Deidara asked as he looked you up and down. Hidan, who was standing next to you, shifted and got into a defensive stance after he saw that.

"Yeah, who is she Kakuzu?" Kisame's rough voice echoed.

"Let everyone arrive first. Then she can introduce herself. Let's go in the kitchen, it's big enough for all of us." Kakuzu said.

Kakuzu led the group to the left corridor, with him in front of P/N and Hidan behind you.

The walls of the corridor were white-painted brick with aesthetic paintings on them. There were 3 doors separated equally, and a open doorway to a larger room.

The kitchen had a large, modern-looking table at one end with different colored stools around it. In the other corner there was the actual kitchen with an island near it. Everyone filed into the room and sat in their respective seats.

There was a pastel blue and yellow chair next to each other. A dark red chair was next to the blue chair.

"Y/N, your chair is the blue one. P/N, your chair is the yellow one." Kakuzu instructed.

As soon as you sat down, Deidara caught your gaze. His blue eyes seemed so contrast to his bright yellow hair. Adrenaline rushed through you. You could tell your face was heating up, so you looked away. His gaze was still on you, you could feel it.

Someone tapped your arm. You look up and meet Hidan's eyes. His slicked back hair and magenta eyes was attractive to you. His lips looked soft, almost perfect. His necklace was loose around his neck.

"So... How are you liking the base so far?"

"It's different."

"The members?"

"Unique in their own ways."

"I feel like I've met you before. I don't know how, but your eyes... Are something else entirely." Hidan mumbled as his hands moved together and he looked down at them, embarrassed. "N-Nevermind... I'm sorry."

You opened your mouth to reply, but two figures entered the room.

"Good evening everyone. Y/N and P/N, please come up to the front."