Chapter 4

× Kakuzu and Hidan's POV ×

"Hey Kakuzu? What's our fuckin mission again?"

"You traveled with me this far and forgot what we're going for?!"

Hidan was about to yell back when he heard rustling and mumbles in the distance.

Before he could react, Kakuzu's strings pulled Hidan up into a tree with thick branches and lots of leaves. A few minutes later, two hooded people walked in the small clearing below.

One of the hooded figures stopped and started studying the ground. A faint set of footprints led up to a tree, then disappeared. Another set of footprints just disappeared.

It's too late to move, they'll hear us. Kakuzu? Hidan looked at him. You always have an idea, smart bastard. Kakuzu looked puzzled, a hand up to his chin, and his index finger over it.

The stranger looked up. They had on a face mask like Kakuzu's, but it looked more modern. Sharp green eyes peered up into the tree.

Hidan felt himself start to lose balance. A kunai was thrown at the branch Kakuzu and him were on.

"Come down here, both of you."

Kakuzu pushed Hidan down to the ground and he face planted with a thud. Kakuzu landed quietly behind him.

Hidan let out a groan as he got up. "Fuck you, you old bastard."

"Hidan. Keep your mouth shut."

Hidan dusted off his uniform as he looked at the strangers. His magenta eyes glared at them both.

The first stranger took off his hood. Black hair emerged in place of the hood. Green eyes looked at them. The stranger was maybe about 5' 5".

× Y/N's POV ×

Two strangers leaped out of the branches. Well, one fell, the other jumped. I guess I looked concerned at why one fell, because P/N looked back at me.

"Fuck you, you old bastard."

"Hidan, keep your mouth shut."

The person named Hidan dusted off his uniform as he looked at us up and down. His magenta eyes glared at us.

P/N took off his hood and his black hair flowed out from his hood. He was short compared to the strangers.

The shorter member of the pair, Hidan apparently, reached up to whisper in the other, who nodded.

"Did you know that we'd be here?" P/N asked.

"No we didn't, actually. Just a coincidence." The taller member replied curtly.

You heard a small "hm" from P/N. "You guys are from the Akatsuki, aren't you? I noticed your cloaks a while back."

"Correct."

"So you guys are Hidan and... Kakuzu? Right?"

"So it seems that you know something."

"Oi! Aren't you P/N? That fuck who killed-"

"Hidan! Now isn't the time to bring that up."

"I can bring up whatever the fu-" Hidan was cut off by Kakuzu using his threads to literally, shut his mouth.

"I'm sorry about him." Kakuzu sighed, then turned to P/N. "Anyways, let's cut to the chase."

Wow, great way to help the mood clouds. The sun was covered by clouds, making everything cooler and darker.

A scroll slid out of his sleeve almost on command. He tossed it to P/N. "Read it."

P/N walked over to you and showed you the scroll.

"We could use it to our advantage." You mumbled.

"If you join, you can still do whatever you're doing now, but you have to follow our leader's commands. You are also protected from any government from trying to capture you." Kakuzu stated.

You looked up at P/N and nodded. He sighed and turned around towards the Akatsuki members. "She would like to join. I have to join as well because I am her servant."

Kakuzu nodded. "Let me introduce ourselves properly. I am Kakuzu from Takigakure. This is Hidan, from Yugakure."

Hidan growled as soon as Kakuzu "unzipped" his mouth. "I fucking hate it when you do that."

"Anyways, welcome to the Akatsuki, Y/N and P/N."