☼Eight

"Why didn't you just talk to me? More importantly, why can't you trust me? I hope you know how much that hurts me." Jungkook didn't sound hurt, he sounded pissed off. Jimin was internally shaking from the tone of voice and cold stare.

It was late now with Sungmin sleeping but he two of them were still awake due to a much needed conversation. "I'm sorry, ok? It's just that you seem to ask the most obvious questions when it comes to Sungmin's needs and health. How is that not supposed to worry me? For hell's sake Jungkook, you asked what a baby eats just a few days ago!"

"Ok, but is Sungmin alive? Is he still in one piece? Is he still happy and healthy? You've tested my parenting multiple times now and he's still fine! I don't agree with some things you do for him but I'm not testing or lecturing you, now am I?"

Jimin was sat on their bed while Jungkook was standing by the closed door, infuriated. Jimin stared down at his hands that were rested in his lap. He could feel the pressure of tears trying to fall but there was no way in hell he would be letting that happen right now. "I'm sorry..." He didn't dare glance up at the pair of eyes that were practically shooting daggers at him.

"I'll be in the living room."

__

"Jungkook, you can't be here all day. I have things to do and like hell I am going to trust you to be alone in my house." Taehyung pulled on Jungkook's shirt as he tried to get him to stand up and unglue himself from his couch. "Come on! You can trust me!"

"Just go home! I'm sure Jimin will apologize or something! You can't be here all damn day long!" Jungkook huffed and pursed his lips. "You're mean."

"Stop acting four and get out. If you want, you can just come with me and not go home."

"Where are you going?"

"The store." Jungkook stared at the floor for a moment, deciding. "Fine, but it better not take long. I'm tired."

"How?! You've been sitting on my couch, watching t.v all day!" Jungkook shrugged.

"Being lazy and feeling melancholy is tiring. Back off." Taehyung raised a brow. "Melancholy, really? Why not sad?"

"Do you have to question everything I say and do?"

"Honestly, yes. You do and say some weird shit, buddy. Now let's go. I'm craving crackers."

"And to tell me not to act like a child."

"Crackers are for everyone!"

"So is a childish attitude!"

__

"Taehyung?"

"Hm?"

"This is the way to your house..." Jungkook looked out the window at the all too familiar surroundings. "I never said I was taking you back to my place after, dumbass." Jungkook turned his head abruptly.

"What? No, no, no. I'm not ready to go back home yet." Fear trickled in his voice. "Well, that's awful now isn't it? You gotta start somewhere, someday. I'm just here to get that apology or make up sex, whatever you choose, started faster." Jungkook scrunched his nose up. "I hate you so fucking much and I hope you never find happiness ever again."

"Do we need to have that 'stop acting childish' discussion again?" Taehyung clicked his tongue. "Bye." Jungkook swung the car door open, leaving it open just to piss Taehyung off, and stepped up to his front door. He turned around and glanced at Taehyung through the car windows and saw Taehyung struggling to reach over the other seat and shut the door. "Fuck you, Jeon Jungkook!" Jungkook snickered and turned back to face the door once more.

He took a deep breath and cracked the door open. The sound of familiar cartoons and small whines from Sungmin was all he could hear. He pushed he door open more and he heart nearly melted at the sight.

___
I never said it would be a long update 😬 sorry

The real reason I didn't do a very long chapter was because I actually forgot I was supposed to update today 😅