Chapter 5

The noise from the halls was irritating that afternoon.

Hiroe and I arrived to class early, which was a good thing for us since we had avoided the mob of students from other classes. Some people even went as far as to step into the classroom. Others glanced from afar. I felt extremely small under a handful of their stares.

"Why're they here?" I muttered, rolling my way to the head of the classroom to peek out into the flooded hallways.

"What business do you have with class A?" Iida voiced my question with an extended hand.

"We can't get out!" Mineta complained. "Why're you blocking the entrance?"

"Scouting out the enemy, small fry," Bakugou grumbled whilst walking passed him. "We're the ones who made it out of villains' attack; not only that, but Yuki has been a popular topic since then, too."

He glanced over his shoulder at me as he stopped in front of the doorway.

"They probably wanna check us out before the festival," I stared uneasily up to him as his neutral, almost calm tone made a strange feeling pulse in the back of my head. He turned toward the sea of people. "There's no point in doing stuff like that. Out of my way, extras!"

Ah, there he is.

"You really shouldn't call people 'extras' just because you don't know them." I advised sheepishly, prompting the explosive blond to turn over his shoulder again.

"I came to see what the famous class 1-A was like," a voice emanated from the crowd, knocking us all silent as a boy with spiked up, purple hair emerged from between two girls. "But you just sound like an ass. Are all the hero students in the hero course like this?"

"No, it's just him." I replied bluntly.

The purple haired boy's eyes trailed down to me as Bakugou seethed at my comment.

"And you," his expression flashed with familiarity. "You're that villains daughter. Nightmare, if I recall; they really let disabled villains into this class? What's the point in calling it a hero course?"

"What the hell did you say?" I growled, scanning his frame up and down as I pushed myself up to stand on wobbling knees. He took a slight step back.

"Osoroshi is no villain! How dare you say such a thing!" Iida barked, balling his fists whilst taking a stiff step forward.

"I'll blow you up, you filthy side character!" Bakugou exploded almost as loudly as his palms.

"What you said is quite inaccurate, almost idiotic," I stated monotonously, prompting my enraged friends to halt in their threats. "Firstly, I'm not disabled; only temporarily unable to use my legs effectively. And secondly, how can I be the daughter of someone who doesn't exist?"

By the time I had finished, I was nose-to-nose with the purple haired asshat. His tired eyes locked with mine, and despite his stoic expression, there was an unsure light shining within his iris'.

I looked him up and down once more. "And you don't look very heroic yourself. Straighten out your own attitude before calling me a villain."

"Seeing something like this makes me feel disillusioned," the boy sighed, taking another step away. "There are quite a few people who enrolled in general studies or other courses because they didn't make the cut to enroll into the hero course. It's not that you're a villains daughter, it's that your legs clearly aren't functional."

With that he tapped my knee with the toe of his shoe, prompting a jolt of discomfort to shoot up my leg. I involuntarily bent my knee in the process.