[17]

____________________________________

<Random Hallway, Sometime Throughout the School Year>

"We've decided that Harry needs the map more than us," Fred said as Willow blinked at him, taking it all in, "but but" she tried to protest. She liked the map and didn't really want to give it to Harry, but he did have a greater need for it than they did. "Fine," she said giving in when she couldn't come up with a reason to keep it. "Cool we'll go give it to him now," George said and dragged Fred off, leaving Willow standing there.

-

"Hey Angelina, wanna go to Hogsmeade with me?" Willow asked, she really wanted to go, she had to get out of the castle, even if it was just for a little while. "Sorry I can't," she said apologetically, "it's okay, where's Alicia?" Willow asked already knowing the answer, "Lee" Angelina said simply, causing the girls to share a look.

Willow pulled her scarf tighter around her neck as she left the Hogwarts grounds and headed towards Hogsmeade. There weren't many people on the path, a group of girls had just passed her and there were a few students ahead of her but other than that she couldn't see anyone else. She contemplated the school so far as she walked, especially the scenario where her father broke into Hogwarts. It was so weird that he had been so close to her.

Willow started to feel colder all of a sudden and tugged on her jacket as she slugged her way through the light layer of snow. Her head began to feel fussy and she had to stop walking for a moment so that she could catch her breath. She closed her eyes, swaying on the spot as she tried to regain her balance, images of her father being dragged away to Azkaban and her mother lying in her deathbed crossed her mind and she gasped for air. Not getting enough oxygen into her lungs.

Willow collapsed to her hands and knees, the snow soaking through her gloves, not that she could feel it over the overwhelming cold that was consuming her body. She felt herself losing consciousness, "Expecto Patronum!".

-

"The Ministry needs to keep a better hold over their Dementors, it may not have been on our grounds but as soon as it attacks an innocent student it becomes my business", "Albus perhaps we discuss this later", "you're quite right Remus, I should restrain myself around students, I apologise boys", Fred and George shrugged, if they weren't so worried over their friend then they would've found the sight extremely amusing, "don't worry sir".

Willow opened her eyes slowly, after hearing what her headmaster and guardian had been talking about, she could assume what had happened to her. "Why did it attack me?" she asked quietly and everyone turned to her in surprise, they hadn't realised that she was awake. "You share the same blood Willow, and the Dementors are growing desperate and wreckless" Remus explained, reaching into his pocket and holding out a piece of chocolate to her, "eat this, you'll feel better", "thanks" she muttered and took a bite of the chocolate, looking around at the people surrounding her bed.

"You'll be okay Miss Black, I'll sort out those Dementors, excuse me," Dumbledore said and strode out of the hospital wing, his robes flowing behind him, Remus laid a hand on Willow's arm and handed her the rest of the block of chocolate, "I'll come to check in on you later, you're free to leave here when you feel ready", Willow nodded and watched as Remus hurried to catch up with Dumbledore.

"Why didn't you take someone with you!" Fred said and slapped her arm gently, "you had us worried sick when we saw Remus carrying your unconscious body through the halls!" George continued and sighed. Willow laughed, "you guys are so riled up, I'm fine! I just wanted to get out of the castle and everyone was busy". Fred shook her gently, "you nearly got the Dementor's kiss! If Remus hadn't been behind you then who knows what could've happened to you!", her smile faltered slightly as the actuality of the situation sunk in. "Sorry", she muttered, the twins sighed, "just don't go out along again!" George said as Willow swung her legs out from under the blanket and stood up. "Deal" she replied as the boys pulled her into a group hug.

____________________________________