CHAPTER 1: Two Years Earlier

RAY

My partner Vincent and I were sitting across a dining room table from one of the biggest and most feared drug lord's in the world, Carlos Gomez.

We had been undercover for close to a year now and were now about to make the biggest bust in both our careers as FBI agents.

We sat there in silence, staring at Carlos, waiting for his answer to a deal we just offered him.

He was giving us a look that showed he was still deciding, though both Vincent and I were both beginning to get a feeling something was about to go down.

Then finally, Carlos breaks the silence and replies with a smile.

"I will take your deal. But I want an extra five million dollars." He says before taking a drag from his cigarette.

"You already asked for $10 million on top of the fifty. Which was way more than that amount of drugs was worth." I tell him.

He blows out smoke, before taking one more drag and then putting it out. Then before he responds, one of his guys walks up beside him and leans over and whispers something into Carlos' ear.

Though we didn't hear what they were saying, we started worrying a little bit cause of the sudden look we had from Carlos as he looked at us like he was confused or with disbelief about something.

He then smirks at us as his guy stands up then walks out of the room.

"My apologies. My friend there, he was asking me if we should celebrate with some shots of our best Tequila. In which I nodded 'yes'.

"Thanks. But what do you think about our deal?" Vincent asks him.

"I will accept your deal. I trust you boys and you have proven yourselves to me afterall. Besides, we wouldn't want to damage our TRUST with one another." He replies with a smile.

Something doesn't feel right and I have suspicion that his guy told him about us. I can just tell because of the now thick air of fear surrounds us.

Especially since we last saw him give that look to someone, right before he put a bullet in between their eyes, that was a good indication something is up.

The guy that talked to him a few minutes ago, entered the room with a few shot glasses and a bottle of the most expensive tequila.

After pouring each of us a shot, we cheered each other and shot it back.

Then Carlos had his guy pour us another shot.

Which after that one, his guy was about to pour us another one when Carlos then held up his hand.

"You know....." Carlos began saying, "There's some new merchandise I would like for you both to see and to let me know what you think. There's a lot of money involved with it, more than this last transaction of ours." He says as he stands up.

Then he begins walking over towards the door where another one of his men was holding an opened briefcase. Carlos takes out two golden customized guns and turns to look at us while pointing them at us. "Now, what do you think? You like them, no?" He asks.

"What the fuck is going on, Carlos?" I asked him while trying not to show any fear.

"This is my new merchandise. I even had golden bullets engraved to go with these guns. Do you not like them?" He asks.

"They're nice." Vincent says.

"You see, there's this thing as you both know in me trying out merchandise first and since these just came today, I haven't had a chance yet." He mentions while looking at the both of us.

The next thing we know, he fires at us and both Vincent and I move out the way real fast to avoid getting hit then we all begin to duck down behind and underneath things to keep from getting shot at.

While we're shooting, we hear Carlos yell out to us, "You fucking FBI! You will die tonight!"

"Fuck you!" I yell back and I start firing a little more.

Next both Vincent and I split up and start trying to grab the flash drive that's on the table that has everything we need to take Carlos and his gang down.

Though as soon as we grab it, Vincent runs towards me and kneels down beside me, behind the couch as we both realize we have run out of bullets.

Luckily, our back up FINALLY arrives and starts helping us out until eventually everything came to an end and we were able to arrest Carlos and his men and take them back towards the states. Well, the ones who survived the shootings.

Once we got home and put Carlos along with his men away, our Director decided to take us out for drinks to celebrate.

We all had fun and after leaving the bar then heading home to get some sleep, while I was walking towards my car, I saw a woman stumbling in the distance.

At first, I thought she might've been drunk or something. But then as she got closer, I noticed she was bleeding from her head and nose before she collapsed onto the ground.

I quickly ran over towards her and tried waking her up but she wasn't moving or responding. So I quickly put her in my car and drove her towards the nearest hospital.

Little did I know, that this was the woman I would soon fall in love and spend the rest of my life with.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)