CHAPTER 10: Can I Accept This?

ZOE

The cold snow falling from the sky was hitting my face as I struggled trying to run in several feet of snow wearing nothing but my worn down shoes, along with my gown and sweater, becoming numb all over as I continued trying to run away from whoever.

I was lost and had no idea where I was. It was somewhere in an opened field and finding it hard to see in the thick white snow falling down.

I stopped to catch my breath and noticed it as I breathed out. I was sure to get frostbite from all of this maybe even pneumonia or worse. This had to be a dream I was in, but yet feels so real and almost like a de-je-vu.

"There's no place you can hide. I will always come for you." I heard a deep and familiarized voice. "You can never escape from me. And I promise you that no matter where you go, I will find you and kill anyone you ever bring into your life." I hear him tell me.

It sounded like he was coming from behind me. So I quickly turned around behind me and was right away being choked by Charles......

I suddenly awoke gasping and choking om air, holding my throat scared.

"Zoe? Baby are you alright?" I hear Ray next to me ask with worry in his eyes.

"Yeah. I just, I had a terrible dream. A nightmare actually." I began to tell him.

"What was it about?" He asks.

"It was nothing. Just a nightmare." I lie to him.

That's all it was. A nightmare. There's no way Charles will find us here and it's been years apparently since I last seen him and yet him nor his guys have come and found me yet so, I should be good.

Both Ray and I lay back down with in each others arms as he starts giving me a kiss and when I look into his eyes, we smile at each other then he rolls on top of me and continues to kiss me again before taking out a condom from the night stand drawer and rolling it on then enters me and begins to passionately make love to me.

Afterwards, we were laying in each other's arms and fell asleep eventually.

******************
A Few Days Later

Training seemed to be going great and everyone seemed to be coming along in the training great and fast. Which was good because we were running out of time since we heard from Ray's Director earlier this morning that we were possibly going to need to make sure we were ready sooner than expected.

He told us that he recently had found out Charles and several others he was meeting up with that the FBI has been trying to also take down for years were all going to be in the same place at the same time.

There was a huge event coming up and would be the perfect time to take him and all the others down at once.

Meanwhile, today after our first thing of training, I have been thinking about the past few nights and the dreams I have been having that I have concluded recently to being memories or some sort of a sign of some kind.

I didn't tell Ray about my dreams because I didn't think it mattered but then as I get out of the shower and looked down at my ring finger, although there is no ring on it, I start to think of the time that was taken from me. Maybe the dreams were a sign and a warning for me to remember that no matter what, people I know can get hurt. Including my best friend, Ashley.

Then there's Ray. It already isn't fair that I had forgotten all that I ever knew of my past and married him. Then for me to have the past try and return and me falling in love with him all over again at the same time, I feel guilty. It isn't fair to him or any of these guys.

It doesn't matter how long or how much training we do, this is still Charles. The man kills for pleasure and tortures for fun. Enjoys inflicting pain on others without any remorse.

"Hey beautiful." I hear him say as he walks up behind me and wraps his arms around my waist as I smile at him through the mirror while he does the same as he rests his chin on my shoulders.

"Hey." I smiled in return.

"You know, I have something for you." He tells me.

I turn around to look at him and see he is holding up a little box.

"What is this?" I ask as he places it into the palm of my hand.

I have an idea of what it could be but then again, maybe it isn't.

If it is what I think it is though, can I accept it?

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)