Chapter 10 - Learn to Mind Your Own Damn Business

In the city of New York, in a very popular record label 'Jude Records' the CEO of the company is booking his next flight...

"Yes I'd like a ticket to your next flight to Magnoila, Japan.....Fantastic! Thank you."

As the phone gets hung up on the receiver a secretary steps inside the CEO office

"Sir? When should I have your car ready?"

"In the next 30 minutes..I have a flight to catch tonight. Make sure everything stays in order while I'm gone, I should be back the day after tomorrow."

*
*
*
*
[Back in Fiore, Magnolia]

"I have to tell you something." Lucy spoke softly but loud enough for Natsu to hear in her empty apartment

The tension in the room was thick, each of them filling with fear and concern for the near future.

"Luce...what is it?" Natsu spoke gently as he carefully approached her

The closer he got to her he noticed her body trembeling slightly, this action only shot more concern throughout him.

"I-I haven't...been totally honest with you..." she spoke again softly

Natsu placed his hand gently on her shoulder and slowly turned her to face him, he could see the terrifed, teared up expression on her face, his eyes opened widely as he stared at the broken woman in front of him.

In this moment he can't think of anything else to do than comfort her, so he pulled her closer to him as gently as he could and held her firmly as her body started to rack with sobs. He placed one of his hands on the back of her head as he gently caressed her blonde hair and the other was used to hold up her waist.

"I'm so sorry..." she said as her sobs began to slow down

Natsu just stared at Lucy in complete confusion, 'What the hell is she talking about?' he wondered

As they stood there, in the middle of Lucy's empty apartment that was dimly lit due to the street lights fading in through her window and the only noise was the faint traffic muffled traffic sounds coming from outside.

"Luce wha-.....VRRR VRRRR VRRR" the vibrating sound of his phone interrupting his sentence

He sighed irritatingly as he picked up his phone

"Hello?"

"Natsu we need to talk now. Where are you?"

"What the fu-..." he started to curse as he realized who had interrupted them "The hell do you want Lissanna? This late?"

"Its about Lucy. Hurry up, you need to know this. Come meet me."

"What the hell are you talking about? I'm busy right now."

"Just hurry up alright, its an emergency. Ill meet you at your place. Bye."

"Wait but-" and with that she hung up the phone

"Damnit." he mumbled under his breath before Turning back to face Lucy

He grabbed her delicate hands in his as she looked into his dimly lit onyx eyes

"Hey I gotta go now but I promise we're gonna talk about this." he stared seriously but gently at her

She smiled at him and nnodded, to afraid to speak as her tears threatened to fall

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow." he smiled as he placed a warm kiss on her rosy cheek

The warm sensations of his lips on her skin calmed her senses, and in that moment she felt the coolness wash over her as Natsu's presence disappeared, the sound of his foot steps filling the silent apartment and finally the closing of the door, letting her know she was no truly alone.