Who Goes Bump in the Night (Chapter 20)

20.

Ashling was washing dishes when the phone attached to the wall began ringing. She quickly stumbled about to find a towel then grab the phone tucking it between her shoulder and cheek.

"Hello?"

"Ashling, how are you?" Kelly's voice called out from the other end of the line.

"I'm fine. Just cleaning the kitchen up a bit, Keiran and his friends obviously don't know how to wash a dish." Ashling looked back at the sink filled with dirty plates and sighed.

"He is much like his father then. But that's not why I'm calling. Devin has scheduled you meeting with the pack tonight, it's nothing extremely formal but it's just our way to introduce you to everyone. Eventually you'll be the Alpha's wife and everyone needs to know you." She chattered happily on the other end.

"Okay. Is there anything I need to do or bring?"

"Yourself. And dress as if your going to a party. This is a reason to celebrate after all!" Kelly's excitement was clear as her chattering grew faster and higher pitched. "I'm just so happy he found the one made for him."

"I'm lucky to have him." Ashling smiled as she thought of Keiran.

"Well I must go, so much to do and so little time to get it done in." Kelly finally said her good byes and hung up leaving Ashling shaking her head at her excitement.

Ashling mind played back to what his mom said about her being an Alpha's wife. Growing up in a Alpha's family she never saw anyone disrespect her mother, and knew many people would try her since she was new. Ashling had to prepare herself for whatever may come that night, she had to be firm but sweet, forcefully but not a dictator. After all she was just Keiran's mate, not the Omega herself.

Quickly getting back to cleaning up Ashling loaded the dishwasher, and wiped down all the surfaces, standing back and admiring her clean kitchen. Laughing pulled her from her daze, she walked over to the back door that had a hidden hallway that lead to basement. Ashling walked down there as she heard Keiran and the guys laughing and cheering.

"What are y'all doing?" She asked from the staircase. Keiran, Anthony and Dylan each had a controller in their hand attached to some game console. Cameron and Xavier were lounging around the room. Ashling eyed the large basement, she knew eventually it would be filled with all kinds of activities since Keiran had wanted it to be a game room.

"Hey babe." Keiran turned to look at her flashing her a prize winning smile only to lose at the game. "Damn!" Ashling rolled her eyes and began walking back up stairs. As she reached the top of the stairs a pair of arms grabbed a hold of her yanking her back down into the basement.

"What the!" She yelped as she tried to wriggle free.

"Chill out, princess." Keiran said huskily in her ear sending tingles through out her body. "What have you been doing?"

"Cleaning up after your and your pack of mutts." Ashling looked at him slightly peeved.

"I'm sorry." Ashling nodded. Keiran turned to look at his friends, "You guys have to pick up after yourself from now on. Ashling isn't your mother."

"Aw come on! We don't make that big of a mess." Dylan laughed over his shoulder.

"EXCUSE ME?" Ashling snapped. "I just spent the last forty five minutes loading the dishwasher. Don't want to pick up after yourself, then see your way to the door and don't come back until you do!" She huffed loudly.

All four of the guys turned to look at her, surprised she got so angry over something like that. " I am NOT your mother, and you DO NOT live here. You WILL NOT treat my home as if either of those two things were true." Keiran beamed down at her only to have her look up at him, "That goes for you too. I'm your mate, girlfriend, or whatever you want to call it. I'm not your mother, and won't spend my days catering to you." Ashling was thoroughly pissed now and ripped herself from Keiran grip to stomp up the stairs.